Claire Labine Passes Away

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

How sad. I loved her work on Ryan's Hope and it holds up very well today. I'm glad that Kate Mulgrew did some interviews with her in recent years and put a spotlight on her again even as daytime rejected her and so many other talents. Characters like Jill and Delia are rare jewels in television. 

I feel like sometimes I remember more what didn't work because it's easy to take for granted what did. 

And she and Paul Mayer cast Sarah Felder as Siobhan, one of my all time soap favorites.

Everyone seems to be going this year. I don't know if there's a reason, but I hope wherever she is now she can finally have the soap of her dreams. 

• Members

Her stints in daytime passed me by, and Ryan's Hope is something I've never gotten too interested in, but when I think of her I still think of the moment on GH, where my favourite, Felicia cries, "No, not Barbara Jean." Her writing elicited moments from her cast and crew that became iconic. Rest in Peace to a daytime great.

Now, someone please check on Harding Lemay.

• Members

Ryan's Hope always felt different than the other soaps, maybe that is why it was never as popular as the ABC shows that aired immediately after.   The writing was solid and she had memorable characters played by actors perfect in their roles.   (I do admit, I will never understand the name "Senaca" but I guess it was some name taken from ancient times or something).   The character I remember most was Rae Woodard, I don't know why. 

Her GH stint was excellent, but a little depressing at times.   The BJ story and Stone dying were great.   Did she also write Ryan and Kevin?   The scenes with Ryan and Audrey were a standout.   I didn't care for the 90s rewrite of Lucy Coe.   I think the show messed up on that one.   RIP

Archived