I want to cry (re: Trump's America)

Cheap21

• Members

Seriously I won't say Bannon is not a smart guy, but he sounds like a Leninist the more I hear from him. And I don't mean that in a good way.

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/politics/ringside-with-steve-bannon-at-trump-tower-as-the-president-elects-strategist-plots-an-entirely-new-political-movement/ar-AAktbM8?li=BBmkt5R&ocid=spartanntp

These people are seriously twisted and care more about their own interests and creating chaos than anything.

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Frankly, I wonder what they hope to achieve.

Is the protesters' goal to force the electoral college to put aside last Tuesday's results and vote for Hillary (which isn't likely to happen)?

Do they want Trump to become so fed up that he quits (which isn't likely to happen either)?

WHERE are they going with this?  Are they prepared for the possibility of their protests being in vain?

Because, to protest indefinitely, with no discernable goal other than to decry a collective error in judgment on the part of those who have voted a vile human being into political office...?  I don't know how long they can sustain that.

• Members

On two separate occasions now since the election of The Donald, my husband of Puerto Rican descent has been the target of hatred.  In one instance, we were in a Walmart and he got distracted and left our buggy in the middle of the aisle.  This atrocity prompted a girl and her boyfriend to call him a "[!@#$%^&*] beaner".  Then about a week later, he was talking with a cashier at the Circle K.  The guy in line behind him starting saying over and over, "andale! andale!" to him loudly.  He told the guy he wasn't Mexican, but it continued.  

In both instances, neither the clerk or customers at the Circle K or other customers at Walmart ignored it, said nothing, did nothing.

I am personally strongly anti-gun for me and my home.  And I was brought up in the North Florida sticks.  We had guns growing up.  A lot of them.  But I never wanted to have one in my home - that might need to change now.  It's really scary.  I suppose in these people's minds, we're gay and one of us is Latino.  Prime targets.

Archived