I want to cry (re: Trump's America)

Cheap21

• Replies 26
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

omg I am crying right now seeing this. 

little children being raised in racism to say and do these things... shocking! Absolutely shocking!

Even though it wasn't the worst incident catalogued here, the pic of that student going to her dorm room and finding the 'wall' her racist roommate put together, and that note, struck a chord. Horrifying. These kids must feel so alone and scared right now. 

Please register in order to view this content

I really hope karma gets these perpetrators good. This is pure, evil racism. Last I checked, that was still illegal!

• Members

What is scary is that these people were always racist; they just hid it. Trump winning the election gave them free reign to not care anymore and openly attack and hate. If "our president" can do it, why cant we? Im disgusted and worry for my own well being as a minority in this country especially with racial tensions high as it is in recent years

• Members

Because the next President has been allowed to act in ways that are atrocious now people feel emboldened to act in ways that a year and a half ago would've been considered beyond the pale.

Social media has a constant stream of trolls, all day, everyday now. It was always bad but now, if someone posts incidents of harassment and atrocious behavior people try to dismiss it as being fake- they say if there's no video it didn't happen, although even then, I think they'd come up with some excuse to dismiss it.

Depressing, the state of things now. Where will we end up?

One poster who works with transgender teens was reporting on the fact that in the immediate aftermath of the election 8 transgender youth had already committed suicide and oh, the trolls that descended! It was so ugly!

To be honest, I feel drained. Maybe because I haven't had the best sleep. I slept better last night but not entirely restful. Not just physical fatigue though, my spirit is weary. I'm trying to collect myself and not shut down.

• Members

I'm not going to cry, I'm going to fight and fight hard. There is much we can do to counteract this and it comes down to organizing. There are midterm elections in two years and if we want to win, we have to be ready in advance and that preparation starts now. Crying is exactly what these people want us to do, because if we allow ourselves to fall into despair, they can become more powerful.

• Members

I just read about the Canadian filmmaker who was attacked on election night and then struck on the head with a beer bottle. Be forewarned that the photos are graphic and gruesome.

http://www.towleroad.com/2016/11/chris-ball/

Thankfully, there are a lot of great people out there willing to take a stand and do what's right. Today, I ran into a colleague in the school where I work. We commiserated about what's happening. She then told me that she's getting involved in Planned Parenthood to protect women's rights over their own bodies and then, out of the blue, told me she has my back and will do anything and everything to continue the fight for GLBT rights. I was so touched and encouraged…some real hope amongst all this darkness.

• Members

I am grateful to be Canadian at a time like this, for there are people in my family, my father included, who would have happily voted for Trump. If I was an American, at this point, I do not know if I could continue a relationship with these people. There is a blissful ignorance that I can rationalize not having to do this because people in my life weren't responsible on a technicality. I try my best not to subject myself to their warped minds on the topic, but I know its there, inherently in them, and I always knew this and its always horrified me. I commend any and all of those who are continuing to fight and persevere through this. I yearn for the good people to win; the Davids of the world. Good luck.

Cat, the dorm room incident hit me the most as well. I think because at least the other incidents happened outside of someone's home, but the victim in that situation has no where to go for peace, safety, or solace.

• Members

I unfortunately have many family members who voted for Trump including my own brother.  Relations are strained right now after he and his fiance went after my mom on Facebook.  I ended up deactivating mine because I needed a break from all the negativity.  I was already thinking of not attending the extended family Christmas my mom's side hosts even if the end result was different.  

• Members

Well since breitbart is an honest source of info, I take it you also agree with  Bill Kristol being a "renegade jew"?   Where do you come down on their theory that women aren't experiencing bias in the workplace, they just happen to suck at interviews?    Also, how did you respond to the question about whether you would rather your kid be a feminist or have cancer?

Archived