DAYS: November Discussion Thread

• Members

God this show is BOOOOORING. Damn.

I'd like the Theresa story a bit more if it were actually true that Theresa had been playing that moron this entire time. All of this just to write her out though? Lawd please wrap this up

Nice to see Shane and Kim but they're wasted on their annoying daughter. Shame Theresa became so whiney and annoying. I liked her and bad boy JJ when they first came on. And while it was nice to see Val and Kayla chatting and becoming friendly, can't Kayla have a scene with her, you know, sister? I mean, it did take Steve a year to talk to Adrienne, so ... I mean even Steve and Shane got a scene together the other day ...

I liked the JJ/Paul/Sonny interaction. I'm sort of tired of the Gabi/Chad contrivance. Looks like Abby is back and will of course assume they're together. Who didn't see any of this predictable writing coming? I'm also tired of "I am woman hear me roar" Gabi. I feel like they're forcing her again when they don't need to. Jennifer is looking good again now that they're not dressing her like she's Alice.

I don't really love the shift in writing for Claire. It screams "Ciara = good, Claire = bad" which = Higs agenda. I see a lot of slanted writing but it is what it is I guess.

I love Theo's pissy attitude towards Valerie. Makes me laugh. I think it's realistic he'd be guarded and worried and blaming her.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Another episode that was quite boring. The Claire/Joey/Jade scenes were all cringeworthy and of course the show is going there with Jade at the end. Annoying. No one wants to watch this. Theresa was OTT today and I even like Jen Lilley but it seemed overdone. Her and J.J. having scenes was nice to reflect on Theresa's arrival in Salem. I found Chad and Gaby to be very boring today, moreso than normal. 

• Members

Just watched Monday and was pleasantly surprised by the actress playing Abby. Wasn't expecting much with the show's recent hires. I thought her and Andre's scenes were the better ones of the show along with Hope and Jennifer. Gaby and.J.J., Rafe and Hope were still boring as always. If this is Theresa's new exit storyline (being hid by her family) I guess is better than killing her off but not sure I like the whole thing. 

• Members

How is the Abby exit plot different from Theresa's exit? Not at all..They're copying stories as they happen.  

I like the new Abby. She's infinitely better than most new performers on that show and light years better that Mansi was at the beginning.  

JJ is such a loser.  

The costumes have improved. Loved Gabi's outfit.  But why are they putting Marlena in those suits?

• Members

JJ's cheating is so a plot point to push Gabi to Chad now that Abby is back.

Glad we get to see Doug, Julie, Adrienne, Justin, Lucas, Kim, Shane... At least DAYS is not only full of new faces. The death penalty for Hope? Was wondering how many states still have the death penalty in the US. I don't remember this being used a lot on soap. Remember FauxTodd on OLTL who was nearly killed for Margaret's murder and DAYS' Sami of cours for Franco's murder.

• Members

When they brought up lethal injection in court I thought for sure they were going that same route as FauxTodd on OLTL, copying right down to Rafe being the one at the last second to get some kind of evidence thrown out or something for a mistrial and being her savior. I was so glad to see that they didn't go that way.

Abby revealing herself to Jennifer was anti climactic. At least Abby isn't lurking around with the stuffed animal in her hands. I still don't have an opinion on the new Abby. This sudden Gabi/Chad/JJ triangle is a boring mess. A watered down JJ conveniently cheated on Gabi off screen. So she could grow closer to Chad. Theresa's exit story is awful. I''ll give Days credit for bringing back Shane and Kim. I wish Theresa and Brady would've just left Salem together. Brady at this point is a played out character who hasn't added anything to Days in years. Instead we get this hot mess of an exit story for Theresa. It would've been great if Anne was part of this story. This being Days i wonder if Anne and Theresa will have any goodbye scenes. 

• Members

I'd be happy with Brady leaving with Theresa as well. A break from him would be nice and it isn't like he couldn't return to Salem on his own at a later date saying he couldn't live on the run anymore.

Am I the only one that thinks J.J.'s "cheating" was staged by Andre since J.J. can't remember anything or even who the woman was? It was probably just a set-up to mess with him and then it'll be poor J.J. never really did anything. 

They have suddenly paired Kate back up with Eddie again. Seems out of nowhere to me and I find them to have zero chemistry. 

• Members

Some thoughts on the week ...

I agree with Melroser about "Eddie" and Kate. Zero chemistry. I was also starting to like Eduardo under the last regime but now I'm back to being meh about him and his "shady" business. And now Dario, who wanted nothing to do with him, is all for this? LOL. Why is Higs trying to make these two work so badly? I'd rather watch Blanca than any of the other Hernandi and she's the one not sticking around.

Hope and Brady need a long time on the backburner. I'm not sure how or why anyone has found Brady interesting to write for the last 8 years as others have come and gone. I don't get the fascination. I'd rather drugged up and nasty Brady over whimpering, crying, heartbroken Brady. I'm over him losing his lovers. I do think he and Nicole work the best and I'd be OK with going down that road again, even though I'd want Eric/Nicole. Eric Martsolf has always worked best with Arianne, IMO.

The hand-wringing and angst over Hope was sort of funny to watch. Maybe if this was the Hope of the 80s or the 90s I'd have the same care but I don't. I want the bitch locked up and the key thrown away! And I just don't see any chemistry between Galen and Kristian. Rope doesn't work and Rafe will always be a Bo placeholder. They should have gone with someone totally different for Hope. Aiden worked for a while but even then the investment wasn't there.

The show has gone a long way to make me not despise Jennifer's face. Her relationship with her kids helps. I don't love that Jennifer, JJ and Abby are all liars now but hey, Joey murdered Ava, Hope murdered Stefano, etc. so I guess everyone's a bit grey these days .... I wish they'd do a bit better explaining Laura/Andre working together. They sort of did but I want more. Laura should have made more appearances. I think she's back the week of 11/28 for an episode but I thought that before ...

I like Marci Miller. I agree about the shaking and she was probably trying a bit too hard but I think the potential is there. She's not a Vivian Jovanni. And speaking of awful, Jovanni was awful as always this week. How has it been a year and NOTHING has changed with this girl? But Kristian has never been the most stellar actress either, so ...

It's nice to see Justin and Adrienne getting the writing they should have been getting since their returns. I liked that Justin got flashbacks. I like that we got some Adrienne/Kayla/Steve scenes. Those were cute. For so long Justin and Adrienne could have been anyone, really. So it's nice to see the writing get better for them, I guess. As better as it can be I suppose. Poor Lucas .... Blanca would have been hot for him. I guess Anne's his future?

I'm so ready for Theresa to go. What a waste. Turning her into Brady's stepford wife was the biggest mistake they made. Theresa as a scheming bitch was the way to keep her. The best thing about her exit has been the wonderful destruction of this awful pairing and the returns of Shane and Kim, who are wasted at the moment on their daughter. Thankfully Kim will share scenes with Kayla and Roman soon at Bo's grave (I know, miracles do happen! It still burned me Kim wasn't brought back last year to bury Bo).

The show isn't bad but it still has a long way to go.

• Members

I thought overall Friday was fairly decent. It did have some great scenes for Kayla, Patch, Adrienne at the church and I also enjoyed Sonni and Justin's scenes.I thought that it was some of the better work in quite some time tho the build up to the end with Justin coming in could have been a bit more dramatic. Fell a bit flat for me. Whatever happened to those dramatic sweeps month weddings of old where you were on the edge of your seat for an interruption....or not an interruption....but wondering if it would happen up until the very last 30 seconds? I miss those days. I agree it was nice to see Shane and Kim, Lucas and Kate interact. I even liked the scene between Theresa and Victor but Phillip/Brady scenes were kind of obnoxious.The two have barely interacted except for fighting so their "bonding" over Theresa's downward spiral was odd. 

Archived