Y&R October Discussion

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

So B&S is a 'threat' to Jabot, but you have 4 executives - since Jill decided to camp out there - in an office not that much bigger than Phyllis' 'war room.'  I know they invested a lot in the lab set for the now abandoned Neville drug story, but the set is getting ridiculous 

• Members

From everything I know about Mishael Morgan, she hates for her character to be hated and has not enjoyed some of these stories. She's a trooper and team player so she gives it 100% regardless of whether she's enjoying it or not. 

As for Hevon, I wouldn't hold my breath waiting for them to end. CBS is invested. With the new regime, if they do end, I'd expect mishael to get caught up in the house cleaning and shown the door along with the other JFP hires. So it's kinda a be careful what you wish for there. 

• Members

have you ever watched or read any of her interviews? She is extremely defensive  and protective of her character and passively complains about the negative feedback.  She has a tendency to hint that fans can be unfair.  That has gone back to the time of the affair. She said once that she didn't think it was fair that (paraphrasing) Devon skated but fans seemed to hate Hilary and would tell her so. She said another time that  Neil kidnapped hilary but somehow hilary is the bitch and in the wrong. She just recently said in a FB live chat that she shouldn't say this or that cause fans will be mad at her. She wasn't joking either. Likability matters to her a great deal. I have no doubt Mishael Morgan enjoys playing a spitfire but the price might be too steep for her. 

• Members

I don't know why I'm just noticing this, but Phyllis and Billy don't "accidentally" run into each other very much since about a week after the affair fallout.  They work in the same building, interact with (basically) the same people.  So...WTF?  It's odd.  Billy was going on and on about how he couldn't live without Phyllis when everything went down and now he just...can?

I really don't want a Phack reunion, and I'm not that crazy about a Philly coupling either.  Phyllis does need her edge back.  I could see her character having a FWB kinda story with an equally shady male counterpart (does YR even have someone that fits that bill?), but nothing too OTT intense "greatest love of all time" crap. 

• Members

I like what the show is trying to do with Brash and Sassy and GC Buzz. That they made the commercial and actually have Hilary and Devon debating changes to GC Buzz and affects on ratings is a step in the right direction. Yes, more stakes and more drama is needed but I like that MY is trying to tell business stories instead of just a bunch of folks aimlessly going around town bumping off each other and sleeping around. When is the last time we've seen product unveiling on this show? Everything has been so abstract for years. I like this. 

• Members

^^ Yes, I like that too.  It's been so long since we've seen something like the Bare product launch on this show, I literally did a double take.  Was it perfect?  No, but it was good to see. And yes, there needs to be higher stakes and more drama.  

• Members

Even though I am cautiously optimistic that Y&R can be salvaged from the wreckage, I would still prefer to see and relive all the great storylines from the show's first (and BEST!) decade. The 1970s ruled on Y&R! Let's have some DVD releases produced before the master tapes wither away and die.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/191992191243?ssPageName=STRK:MESELX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1555.l2649

Archived