B&B: October 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

I was watching more regularly back when the whole Maya story blew and Nicole carried the baby.  But I said back then - they're completely writing Rick and Maya into a corner.  His complete acceptance of her in every way with no second thoughts leaves no room for him to change his mind and cheat on his perfect Maya.  Then with the baby, it's "happily ever after".  So I guess Nicole is supposed to ask them how many children she's going to be required to give them?  I just couldn't believe Raya's delivery of that request....I'm kind of glad I had it on for that last 10 minutes.  WELP, it's TIME TO CONTINUE BUILDING OUR FAMILY!  Are you IN???   Just let us know if ANY of this makes you uncomfy!  But we're REALLY LOOKIN' FORWARD TO FILLIN' UP THE HOUSE!   That was literally how it felt to me. 

On another note - Pierseon Fode (sp? Thomas)....needs a haircut.  If it gets any longer he'll have a chin length bob and can whip it into a man-bun.  Ew.

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yeah. Brad's desire to be PC ruined both Rick & Maya. But it was also lazy writing - there were ways to show that Rick wasn't rejecting Maya outright, but needed time to process, pressure from tabloid fever. I knew the story was over when Caroline hugged her right after news. At the same time, they boxed in Caroline/Thomas/Ridge. All of this could've been avoided, had Rick/Caroline hooked up instead - that would've been logical on same many fronts. I couldn't believe what I was watching with Maya's request - it's just wrong on so many fronts. 

• Members

I feel like I missed an episode. The show opens up and they skipped over the Avant stuff and Eric learning about what Ridge did. 

Good lord I cant beleive this show has rebooted Zende/Nicole, Malcolm and Rick back to where they were a year ago!

Oh shut up Wyatt. You'll forgive your mother; you always do

• Members

for some reason, I dont think the writers think that this makes them look bad. They portrayed it like its just some normal thing to ask and Maya isnt selfish. i bet we'll soon have Julius on screen acting like some moustache twirling villian to make Maya look good as if his initial concerns werent reasonable.

So what was the point of bringing Ivy back? Liam doesnt want her and it looks like he will reunite with Steffy today. So what purpose does Ivy serve? Are they gonna put her and Wyatt back together as the two losers bc they have nothing else going on?

• Members

It could be fun to show Maya and Rick as self-absorbed and selfish but the baby thing sounds ridiculous.

You're probably right, Ivy and Wyatt will probably be thrown back together due to lack of options. I have a feeling the Eric/Quinn storyline got put together because there was a lack of ideas for the other characters, so they decide to dust off Eric and throw him with Quinn.

• Members

Nicole should be going off but because BB refuses to write for black characters, Nicole has to think about it?  This will be their story for the next few month.  Putrid.  Just putrid, I tell yah!  

Maya the kunt thinks Nicole has nothing better to do but carry her babies?  

• Members

I saw about 10 minutes again today - Rick is gross.  Spoiled brat.  Working the guilt on Nicole for everything it's worth.  Zende should put his foot down and call our Raya for their grossness.  He was adopted...seriously, so if your children are full blooded siblings they're better than an adopted child?  And Nicole going goo goo gah gah with the baby..."wouldn't you like to have a little brother or sister?  You'd like that wouldn't you."  Rick:  "I think she DOES like the idea."  If they repeat this storyline....just bottom of the barrrel.  Sasha plays for Zende because Nicole becomes a surrogate.  Rick:  We know what a sacrifice it was, but couldn't you just make us the happiest couple ever and do it again???  LOLLLLL.  I mean what is the point in doing it again?  They'll just keep coming back to the baby-mill if you give up that womb again.  You're like...a 23 or 25 year old girl...go live your life and tell Maya to buzz off. 

• Members

Yeah. This story is Brad reaching for something for Rick/Maya/Nicole/Zende - it makes no sense at all. If Raya really wants another biochild, Nicole could give her eggs and a third-party surrogate could carry. The ONLY way this story could work would be down the line - and we got a hint today - Rick/Nicole bond over their biokids - I wouldn't mind that but this would be a long, repetitive and torturous way to do it. And a repeat of Sasha/Zende - no thank you. Sasha has finally been made into a somewhat more interesting and layered character - Zende is still Zende. 

I really feel for JY and KM because the actors had been sidelined for so long and then scheming Maya and Rick reunited created such great conflict and drama until they made Rick a jerk and Maya a man. Even with all that they could've done so much more - like making Douglas Rick's, Rick being conflicted and hounded by LA Tabloids, etc. While I like both actors, having their character beg for a repeat of a recently concluded - and not very good - storyline is just uninspired writing. Not to mention what a loss in not highlighting RE, a very talented young actor, who should be doing so much more than this. 

• Members

Rick/Maya/Nicole/Zende 2.0.......zzzzzzzzzzzz  It was boring the first time. Doing the same story again won't change that.  Feeling real bad for Jacob Young. He deserves better!

Why is Brooke still going to marry Slick Willy Bill?? No reason to marry him now.

The show was soooo boring today. I half paid attention.

• Members

I have no desire to see this storyline again.  The only cleanup I could offer if I were writing would be for....if Nicole does this, have the result be twins.....make it more joy than anything could have thought of for Rick and Maya.....but during birth, complications, and she can't ever have children again.  Maya is just so sorry for everything (but has her sister's baby's and the baby Daddy)...and Nicole pushes her away and ends up with Rick and her own children.  That's the best I could come up with to try and clean this up at all if they go in the Nicole-carrying-baby again storyline. 

Archived