Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Members

I'm mostly interested in seeing how much hype we will get over how vastly superior this is to the original and how the new one is so modern and incredible so just pretend the old one never existed. 

Then again no one did that with the 90210 and Melrose Place remakes...

Of course this will also get the generic praise of "diversity," which, as shown with the media pud-pulling over Riverdale (which is for the most part about white characters and has some of the most aggressive hostility toward black men I've seen on a television show in quite a while), will go a long way. Nothing gets the critics more blissful than trying to show everyone how aware and modern they are. 

I'm sure we'll hear this is all some sort of message to Trump as well...

Edited by DRW50

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

That figures.  Frankly, I'd have been more shocked to learn he was a KNOTS LANDING fan.

So...Trump::Blake::Ivana::Alexis::Marla::Krystle?  And IDK where the hell Melania would fit in that equation.  She ain't no Krystle.  That's for sure.

• Members

There is absolutely no way in Hell Alexis would not show up at some point. Alexis is almost all people like me on the outside know about Dynasty. It's more likely they're saving her up. But no one can do Joan Collins.

I guess I'll read the script tonight or tomorrow since this widespread gmail issue has me too paranoid to do much.

• Members

You're probably right.  IMO, it'd make little sense to include her in the new series (at least at the start), but I can't see the producers resisting the idea.  Especially if the new series doesn't do well in the ratings.  So, it isn't so much a question of IF Alexis would be included, but WHEN, and with which washed-up TV veteran playing her.  (My money, believe it or not, is on Shannen Doherty.  Provided, of course, she beats the cancer.)

Edited by Khan

• Members

The best part about that is that you can clearly see that they used Joan Collins' stunt double in the scene where Blake runs to attack her. Apparently things were at their worst between Joan / John so she refused to do that scene because she was "afraid" (ya, right)