Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

Yeah. I'm surprised there's no Claudia, unless she's a recurring or guest character. I don't really mind the twist on Sammy Jo, and I also don't really mind making Krystle into Cristal and a Latina, but the show just looks ... crappy. It could be trashy fun. I'm going to watch it, but it just looks glossy with no substance. I don't mind a new take on the show at all but meh to this. Maybe I'll be surprised but I doubt it. When does this start?

• Members

Just finished watching the pilot... not horrible, but not good either.

I do like that Claudia looks more like a hot mess then the more subdued/elegant version of season 1/2 of Claudia in the original version.

I wish that each scene was longer then a minute each,but I do like the mentions of Alexis.. plus Fallon vs Blake in business (story ideas from the 1st season of the original show).  Cristal seems more like a bitch then a good guy.. so I'm curious to see what Alexis will be like when she does show up.

• Members

Blake and Fallon were arguing and he had mentioned that her mother no longer had a say since she choose to leave years before....and then Cristal asked Steven about Alexis since no one would mention her..and before he could answer..they got interrupted.

There are a lot of characters inteoduced..so it's smart to hold off on Alexis being introduced till later in the season...imho

• Members

The casting is horrible. Grant Show is all wrong as Blake. New Steven looks gross and slimy. Blake sends a returned Steven on  a business meeting even though he doesn't work for the company. The client he meets looks older than Blake and makes a pass on Steven. Steven upset calls Blake on it. Later Steven whores it up with a complete stranger who steals some of his money. Later, he finds out that he slept with Sammy Jo.....Sam, Cristal's nephew.....Sam apologizes to Steven for stealing his money but Steven didn't even realized he was robbed.

This reboot feels like a parody of the original. And people complained about the Dallas reboot. This one takes the cake!

• Members

I watched last night and was only semi-impressed. I think the show's biggest problem is that it was touted as a reboot. They should have just started a new show with new character names and let the comparisons go from there instead of trying to say that they ARE Dynasty. 

It definitely had the style, direction, and feel of Gossip Girl, which I suppose is what was intended considering it has the same show runners.