dragonflies

Dynasty: Discussion Thread

307 posts in this topic

Dallas was simple considering it was one family that wasn't that big and they still couldn't get it right. With the large and complicated family tree Dynasty has, it wouldn't have worked. Certainly not on the CW. The only way that could've worked is if you choose to only focus on say Fallon (as played by Emma Samms who looks wise would fit on the CW) and her children. But then people would complain about the older cast members not being on or not being in large roles.

On 6/2/2017 at 4:56 PM, Chris B said:

Dallas was simple considering it was one family that wasn't that big and they still couldn't get it right. With the large and complicated family tree Dynasty has, it wouldn't have worked. Certainly not on the CW. The only way that could've worked is if you choose to only focus on say Fallon (as played by Emma Samms who looks wise would fit on the CW) and her children. But then people would complain about the older cast members not being on or not being in large roles.

I echo this. I'll give it a shot only because I'll be watching Riverdale and this follows. Hope the actual show exceeds our expectations.

I disagree. I think it could have worked using the younger generation from the original Dynasty. They could have still done diversity and made character nods. They want the name and buzz that comes with it but not the baggage of the original, which is fine, but I think it's a missed opportunity.

One of the main problems with the reboots of MP, 90210 and Dallas is that you had showrunners who didn't have a clue what the original shows were like. Once they started to get in the groove, and "get it", it was too little too late.

Edited by KMan101

On 6/2/2017 at 6:23 PM, Chris B said:

I know how passionate soap fans are so I'm not surprised by the fan response, but I think this looks good.With Dallas naturally there was a lot to dislike because it was a continuation which led to glaring plot holes, but this is a reboot so I'm more forgiving. I like that they've taken it from season one which was very good and much better than most of the Alexis years. I look forward to hopefully a more interesting Michael, Claudia and Matthew. I don't like the new Steven who seems a bit bland, but overall I think it looks good. It feels and looks like Dynasty, just updated and I look forward to how Alexis will eventually fit in.

The trailer definitely did it's job to make me interested in checking it out in the fall.

I'm not a passionate Dynasty fan - I just thought the trailer looked awful and I was shocked by how poor Fallon (who should be completely on point for any version of this to work) was.

I was more excited about the Dallas reboot than this. I will probably forgot about it unless someone on here mentions it the day of the premiere.