Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Members

Dallas was simple considering it was one family that wasn't that big and they still couldn't get it right. With the large and complicated family tree Dynasty has, it wouldn't have worked. Certainly not on the CW. The only way that could've worked is if you choose to only focus on say Fallon (as played by Emma Samms who looks wise would fit on the CW) and her children. But then people would complain about the older cast members not being on or not being in large roles.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I disagree. I think it could have worked using the younger generation from the original Dynasty. They could have still done diversity and made character nods. They want the name and buzz that comes with it but not the baggage of the original, which is fine, but I think it's a missed opportunity.

One of the main problems with the reboots of MP, 90210 and Dallas is that you had showrunners who didn't have a clue what the original shows were like. Once they started to get in the groove, and "get it", it was too little too late.

Edited by KMan101

• 1 month later...
  • Members

That artwork actually looks really good. A little silly and OTT but that's totally on par with DYNASTY. And they're finally highlighting the women!

But what a missed opportunity not to include the mini-series. I can't believe it's never been released.

• Members

I have all the individual sets. I was hoping for a blu ray release of Dynasty. I hear they are/have remastered all the seasons.

I don't think we will ever see the movie. I think that's what you are referring to? It sucked and I am sure they are trying to forget it ....LOL

• Members

I have them too, which is why I am likely to give this a pass, unless I find out on sale for 30 bucks or something. 

Yes. Movie, miniseries, whatever. lol In any case, most of the show sucked too. That's surely not a reason why they wouldn't release it. I wonder if it's a rights things, or maybe they don't think it'll sell.

• 2 months later...
  • Members

I'm glad that Esther sounds so happy and is enjoying herself...at the same time, the Shapiros are ridiculous if they think they have much to do with the original Dynasty being a success. Aaron Spelling said it: Joan saved the show. Nolan Miller's clothes helped. Tabloid fascination about Linda/John/Joan's rivalry helped too. 

But let's not forget the first season of Dynasty was not a ratings hit and THAT was down to the Shapiros.