Dynasty: Discussion Thread

• Replies 770
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I am sick of reboots that ruin the original. It's like the producers are saying " They didn't do it right the first time, so we are going to fix it". It also says that people can't come up with original concepts and have to rip off other peoples work. I read a few years ago they wanted to remake some of the old Doris Day films and one was Send Me No Flowers. The name being dropped for the Doris role was Brittany Spears. I wanted to hurl. 

• Members

Fallon had ambition (more so than Steven) but as she says in the pilot "No blacks, no jews, no eskimos and no women". Originally, it was implied she was more like Blake and had ambition and I'm sure if they had followed the original character projections for season one she would've stepped up at some point.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

It's not even bad. It is boring, unispired and dated. 

This is supposed to be the modern version of Steven? The character had a warmth, a sadness and a sexiness during the Al Corley years. What I saw in the trailer was the usual, secondary gay character who walks around all dressed up holding a drink and trying to be witty. 

The music was all wrong for the trailer. 

Judging from "Cristal's" looks if they ever get past episode 4 they will bring a blonde to play Alexis.

CWFallon aka Random CW Girl from 2008 

You don't mess with the Dynasty logo for no reason.

They should have called the show Teen Heiress of Denver.

• Members

My problem is that I don't see the connection between Dynasty and this CW project. A rich man marries a younger woman his spoiled daughter doesn't like, that's too generic; they could also call this show AW-CW. Mac Cory marries Raquel and young Iris gets furious. Sandy Cory is gay and gets involved with Raquel's brother Jaime. Cecile is black. Blaine is a black man. Robert Delaney is black. The end. 

• Members

I know how passionate soap fans are so I'm not surprised by the fan response, but I think this looks good.With Dallas naturally there was a lot to dislike because it was a continuation which led to glaring plot holes, but this is a reboot so I'm more forgiving. I like that they've taken it from season one which was very good and much better than most of the Alexis years. I look forward to hopefully a more interesting Michael, Claudia and Matthew. I don't like the new Steven who seems a bit bland, but overall I think it looks good. It feels and looks like Dynasty, just updated and I look forward to how Alexis will eventually fit in.

The trailer definitely did it's job to make me interested in checking it out in the fall.