GL/ATWT cast reunions

• Members

Would actor residuals also come into play besides the music rights issue? I thought Michael O'Leary or someone from the GL cast stated that they wondered if they would see any residuals from the DVDs at the time they were first announced.

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

@zanereed That question often came up among some of us at the time and it's still a good question, to which I have no idea how to answer but it seems like a legitimate concern.  

For Primetime TV, I'm sure it's all worked out but for Daytime, this was brand new territory.  I'd imagine that they probably did residuals for the surviving cast of Dark Shadows, which probably wasn't a lot of people.

As for P&G-- they probably didn't want to deal with any of these issues either.

• Members

I'm sure an Edge of Night historian can verify here, but I seem to recall reading this being a hurdle they couldn't overcome when ABC was considering airing EON two times a day during its final years: once during the day, and again in the late-night hours. 

• Members

You guys are surprised? I thought this was the deal all along. Y&R, B&B, ATWT, and GL castmembers all in one hour. It's better than Wayne Brady and Drew Carey in place of Josh & Reva.

Sorry to be a Negative Nancy in this thread, but CBS doesn't have to do any of this. These shows ended 6 and 7 years ago. Let's just enjoy it for what it is. 

I would expect the same thing if The View were to celebrate their former soap lineup: Present GHer's and some AMC & OLTL alums, including Debbi Morgan, where they'll casually mention that she also appeared on Loving, The City, and Port Charles. 

• Members

Considering that was on NBC, I'd be surprised if they asked about "The Doctors". From the start it was supposed to be people from the late soaps and the current ones. I just wonder if they are going to spend the first 10-15 minutes on topics before going to all the guests, and if they are the only people who will be on or not.

Archived