GL/ATWT cast reunions

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Love ya too Ron..

I'd be a fan of this if it had any chance of not sucking. If I didn't think they were simply going to send B&B/Y&R stars who also have ties to ATWT/GL and pretend they're including ATWT&GL. Or not shoed in Y&R/B&B on a P&G shows reunion. Or taken 6-7 years to do it.

And not been on the trash that shoved them out the door.

• Members

FOX doesn't have a daytime lineup that they want to build. I think their local affiliates want to be able to show programming all day and make the syndication money. I can't see ABC letting any of their P&G soap alums on "The Talk" or else I'd consider them possibilities, right?

• Members

:o :P :wub:  our cyberbabies will be cute and smart.

But I would under no circumstance watch. If the right people were there, might check out youtube. I just can't imagine anyone I'd truly like to see be involved. Watch it be a reunion of Byrne and Hansis. *eyeroll*

• Members

The Talk is garbage and should have never been green lighted. I am so sick of all these talks shows and seeing people sitting around yaking about current events, giving their opinions/ interviewing celebs I could care less about. If one gets cancelled another pops up to replace it. They need to create new or revive old soaps and game shows.  We don't need 30 chat shows.

• Members

B/c Procter & Gamble wanted out the soap business forever. While I blame CBS/Les Moonves partially, P&G holds the bulk of the blame. They fed us all a false sense of security when fans tried getting FOX, Lifetime, etc. to get the shows but that was never their intentions. They never wanted to go on with the shows. 

Moons declared after ATWT was cancelled that they tried to get P&G to sell the shows to them, but they refused. I've heard rumors for years that NBC tried the same with AW too but to no avail. P&G simply wanted these shows to die off. They don't care for them. We saw that a few years ago to with the DVDs. Those DVDs were flying off the rack like nothing. Soap fans were eating them up, but P&G nixed it before it even got good. They'd rather their shows sit in an archive and collect dust before reviving them or selling them to someone else, who could take the shows where they never could. 

• Members

Okay? I'm glad they're giving kudos to ATWT and GL, who were a big part of the network's success for at least 15 of the last 30 years as No. 1 (they were bleeding viewers and money moreso than the Bell soaps during their last 10 years). They could've given ZERO mentions to them and focused on their current lineup. In this day & age of talking head television recapping pop culture entertainment ad nauseum, at least CBS has two of their soaps left, as well as two game shows (a nice alternative to talk, talk, talk)

Syndicated cheap court room shows are an easy buck to make, not taking on aging soap operas well past their expiration date with an extremely older demographic. 

Let's be real. By 2009 and 2010, GL and ATWT needed to go. Yes, they were run into the ground for years, but neither (ESPECIALLY GL) had a chance at a healthy survival. 

Archived