DOOL: Actor Returns

YRBB

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

yes, because we all know networks are in the business of passing their successful properties on to lower rated sister networks... LOL Y'all are being super technical here just to be 'right' but for all intents and purposes, CBS cancelled Supergirl. The end. 

it's ratings on CBS would slip week after week. Trust me. I used to cover this. 

now, onto This is Us - it's getting great ratings (down this past Tuesday from premiere week...) but let's not forget it has the coveted post-TheVoice timeslot, where Blindspot was this time last year, and now that Blindsopt has been moved it's struggling. 

• Members

It wasn't cancelled they moved it to the network it fit better on, with the Superhero (Arrow, Flash, Legends) lineup. The deals they have carried over because it was just changing of network internally. 

An example of cancellation is Nashville from ABC, cancelled and picked up by a totally different network CMT. They need to negotiate new deals with the actors and start with contracts/set etc... from scratch.

Greg's wording about Queen Sugar sounds like he's done from the show. I hope it's not true and he does continue to be on season 2.

• Members

sorry, it was essentially cancelled. It was doing badly in ratings on CBS, so they cut the budget and moved it to a little sis network. I mean networks don't just 'move' shows to sister networks for kicks. LOL

• Members

No it's done for business sense and jjjg explained why. If it was cancelled, CBS would have straight canned it . If CW didn't exist, that likely may have happened but that wasn't the case. CBS Corporation still owns and produces the show. They didn't get rid of it and it picked up by some unrelated company/network. Anyways we'll just have to agree to disagree on this one

Archived