Kay Alden back at Y&R

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Oh wow....surprised. I thought her HW was rather boring and really slow but she is better than what Y&R has had in years. I might just tune in again since I gave up on B&B and Days is getting on my last nerve. So right now I am not watching any soaps.

She's a consultant. Do soaps still have them? I remember ATWT back in the 80's had a consultant before Douglas Marland took over permanently.

• Members

That's great. I wasn't sure what was going on with her after the serious accident she had so I'm glad she's still able to help and it's just that it took this long for them to get a clue. 

I wonder if no one cared up to now or if someone at CBS or Sony who was in the way has gone.

• Members

I am near tears! I have been waiting for these news for basically TEN YEARS. I am happy for my show for at least making some good moves. A new, surprising, good executive producer. A HW that just MAY be able to do some good work who brings back the only other Y&R headwriter who has ever delivered stellar writing except for Bill Bell. They're making moves. And once you're in the door, there's no telling....

It is a good day!

• Members

Fantastic news that Kay is returning. Cant believe she has been gone from YR nearly 10 years. She was Bills right hand man. Something tells me the Bells are having influence. I felt like after the Maria Bell disaster that Sony was not interesred in Bell YR. Jill and Chuck YR its no secret the Bells hated it and were locked out of the show. I heard Bill Bell Jr hadnt visited the show until Mal took over. Mal is a smart man really instead of revamping YR give us the YR that made it so glorious. Whats sad is Alden was fired in 2006 by LML. She was with the show for 33 years it was a sad day.

Archived