FV/Jean P/Shelly Altman all renewed at GH

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I agree.  It seems that someone at Sony/CBS has decided to try something that seems so alien to the ABC network suits:  LISTEN TO THE VIEWERS!  I think reading alot of the posts here would be a start for them.  What most people have seem to have said here, repeatedly is:  1)  Return to a sense of morality on the show.  Or in other words, no evil deed should go unpunished.  While that is often not true in real life, it makes for more satisfying viewing for a television show.   2)  Remember, the title of the show is "General HOSPITAL", not "Mob Wars".  3)  Use veteran actors not for window dressing, but as the foundation for the show.  4)  What made the original "General Hospital" successful in the very beginning was a small cast that was intricately bound together by well-written story.  It can be done again!  (Last suggestion, my own.)

Now, that wasn't so hard.  Why do they not get this?

• Members

No no u all cant even understand what Jean and Shelly. Ratings are consistent. Changing the guard all the time is not good for a show. Look at DAYS which has had 3 to 4 different writing team in 2 yesrs ratings crashed because of it. Consistency and stability is key. The actors are very happy at GH. Jean is first head writer to give Genie a leading lady story in years. Alexis has had big story. ABC is very happy with GH. We are blessed people we have such strong head writers.

• Members

Too bad for the show, the characters, and the actors people want to see in story.  Frank started out with so much promise, and he and Ron made an entertaining show for about 2 years.  Since then it was off the rails, and now boring, out of character, and dull in every way.  

• Members

Genie has a leading lady story??? WHERE???

The actors at GH are happy??? And you know that HOW??? Even if they are, that's hardly the hallmark of a good show. 

GH is dull and boring. The cast is too big, the pacing is off, the writing is weak, production design is awful.

The lighting is so dark i feel like i'm losing my vision watching that hot dry mess. Laura should be written as a linchpin character. There's no real committed to her relationship with Kevin. Laura just pops in and out with no real purpose. Maybe Frank's pets are happy not so sure about the vets. Jean and Shelly are consistently dry. boring, soulless and flat. With all it many.many, many turnovers i can tolerate Days more than GH.

• Members

I really wish Prospect Park would have proven a success. If they had, GH would most likely be prduced by them by now & I am sure I would be enjoying GH a lot more with PP then I am at ABC. I really loved both AMC & OLTL thru PP

Archived