FV/Jean P/Shelly Altman all renewed at GH

• Members

DC is reporting this entire trio got renewed. Frank keeps budget in check but he gets to keep job mostly because of Jean and Shelly and the power of smarttv. These women gave us romance, women over 40 in leading lady stories, family and a wonderful nurses ball. Consistent ratings . ABC is smart if it aint broke DONT FIX IT.

• Replies 39
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those of us who are soap fans know that if writers and producers constantly change, it often will lead to bad decisions with story, cast dissatisfaction, drastic changes that alienate viewers, and more likely than not, cancellation.  I have like FV's version of "GH" better than JFP's version.  I am not as over the moon happy with Jelly as you are Jonny, but, all in all, after watching the last few months, I think their writing has improved.  They have found their footing.  So, why then, do you keep saying that Shelly Altman should co-write "Days" or even "Y&R" again?

• Members

Funny thing is you praised Jean and Shelly at YR to the high heavens not at GH. Even though u loathed RC u dont even give Jean her due. Honestly Frank has kept the budget in line ratings have been good. Any out of work head writer would love to write GH. I bet u Tomlin and Whitesell would love another round. Keeping things consistent is good. Soapsuds i think u secretly love Jean P u wont admit it. She was head writer of ATWT for nearly a decade. That was by far her longest stint.

• Members

Oh I am sure that they could find people for cheaper but they don't want to. There are writers on soap forums all across the Internet that could fix all these shows and wouldn't ask for a fraction of what these bozos are getting; however, this genre is like boys club. Only a small few get in. That's why this genre is dying. They don't create enough new blood to keep it fresh. 

And Jean/Frank/Shelly can keep on writing GH with their 'smart writing' and kill it off. GH should've died YEARS ago. 

Perks of all of this is that this'll most likely be the last job those 3 hacks have. They better enjoy why they can....

• Members

Frank might keep the budget in check, but the show looks AWFUL.

I don't remember GH ever looking any cheaper. The sets look like crap, and the lighting isn't any better. Direction is uninspired.

With Mal Young raising YR's game so much, GH never looked worse. The upshot? Mediocre writing seems even lousier on a crummy looking show.

• Members

Ranger u simply should have seen Jean and Shelly work at YR to understand the progression of smarttv. It was the closest to a bell YR i had seen in years. They have lots of juicy story planned. These ladies are the saving grace for GH. To say they are miracle workers and they saved GH is an understatement.

• Members

The show may as well take it's cancellation slip right now.  Valentini, Varni, Altman and Passanante have been killing the show for months. Howarth, Stafford, Erin,Parisse, and Devry have long overstayed their time on the show. I won't even get into Easton's  how many characters?  Oh yeah, Frank hired his "friend" back....

Mellowing them down has not worked. More mob B.S., Quirky Todd(I mean Franko)just needs to be loved--gaggg!!!!!!!!   Poor Nina just wants to be a mom....Gagggggg!   Joe's non relationship with Sobby is obviously over----Bye!   ?Kiki should have been killed off on the pier.    Jillian?  No words other than "Rabid Julexis Fans"

These are among their favorite stories.

The show's title is General Hospital...Let's close it down!

And that's what it looks like they are going to do. 

Archived