John Stamos developing new drama series about 80's soaps

dragonflies

• Replies 10
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does John Stamos still have star power?   Also, I am not sure where the pop culture is on the decades merry-go-round, did they leave the 80s and go into the 90s?    

Period shows?  Mad Men worked and that was the 60s.  I guess if he tries to do a show of merit and not some silly ABC level nonsense show with just women with big hair spitting insults at each other it could be halfway decent.   The best possible outcome is he does a show about soaps that is good and then some people decide to check out real soaps.

Rich and the Ruthless sounds artistically bankrupt just by the title.  It's screaming "Cliche" and  one dimensional corny writing in a show starring rejects from Scandal or whatever.    It will fail.

• Members

I'm not talking about period shows I'm talking about a soap opera about a soap opera.  I don't see a big audience for it. Especially not one set in the 80s. I see a lot of people on Twitter fighting because they say Stamos stole McCullough's concept( though one could argue all her ideas for her story came from the real life of him and his peers). The concept has flop written all over it regardless of who's idea it was.

Archived