Y&R: Pratt OUT! SSM IN!

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

When I first read about this upcoming show by Daniels (late last year, I think), I knew I had no interest in watching and I still don't. I will be keeping tabs on what happens with this show though, because it seems to have the makings of one giant clusterf*ck!

Even though Empire is still doing pretty well, it's well known that ratings have dropped. At first the descent was quite sharp but then seemed to stabilize toward the end of the previous season. This is one reason why Fox has stated that they are no longer looking at the traditional ratings system as the determining factor in the show's performance.

• Members

I suspect Mel will bring in someone with history i.e. Morina and give her at least one internal co-head i.e. Slater or Ferri or god forbid Conforti.  But I'm gonna guess he's going to bring in a few British writers to train up on the staff.  Latham did it with her nighttime buddies...No reason to think Mal won't get the opportunity to bring in fresh UK serial writers.  

• Members

I can't believe Charles "#BlackBudget" Pratt Jr was hired by Lee Daniels to write a show with majority black cast.  I've lost some respect for Lee. 

Glad Pratt is gone from Y&R. I don't think the show can do any worse that the marriage if Pratt and Phelps. So whoever is up next has a really low bar with me. 

Archived