Y&R: Pratt OUT! SSM IN!

• Members

We suspected it, but Pratt is leaving Y&R and going to Primetime: http://tvline.com/2016/09/13/chuck-pratt-showrunner-star-lee-daniels-fox/

This is good news for Y&R and good news for Pratt who I do feel is fine in a primetime writing gig, but just does so poorly on daytime soaps. What do you all think? Mal's biggest move so far will be in who replaces him. This will be make it or break it time for him. 

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If the respect and 'knowledge' he's shown for classic Y&R is anything close to real, instead of the usual lip service Y&R's execs and writers trot out to pacify the audience, then this, or something close to it, is exactly what he will do.

I won't say her name, y'all know it,  :lol: but I hope she will be submitting yet another bible for the show she (majorly) helped build up.

• Members

He's going to work with Lee Daniels? So much for my belief Daniels knew about what makes soaps work.

I tend to wonder how much control anyone but Sony will have over the writing hire. I wouldn't be surprised if Josh Griffith popped up again.

• Members

Well for Pratt this is a major promotion. Lee Daniels Empire is huge for FOX and Star is very buzzed rumored to air after Empire. Pratt has a primetime resume so not surprised hes exiting YR for this gig. Plus his buddy Jill left so it makes sense. YR needs a new head writer.

Empire didnt crash and burn its still by far the highest rated show on network tv and in demos.

Archived