GH September 2016 Thread

• Members

I don't know if anyone remembers, but Kirsten Storms has just gone through a very difficult divorce, and it had a very bad affect on her skin.  It got so bad she couldn't cover it with makeup any longer, and she had to take a leave of absence from the show.  Her skin has cleared up a lot now, but it still doesn't look like it should, and I think the divorce was so emotionally heartbreaking for her that she lost a considerable amount of weight.  She's actually looking a little better than she did when she returned to the show, but you can still see the ravages this emotional time has visited on her.   

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Even Valentini's directing couldn't save hot mess Tuesday, 9/27 episode.  It felt like a finger painted script/story.  The Suzie Q stuff was downright weird.  Richard Burgi is a great actor, too bad they ruined him. Looks like he'll be pushed out for a new Jeff Webber recurring contract.  I guess they can't have too many middle aged men running around Port Chuck.  The Heather/Franco scenes were painful.  I was imagining Carlivati at home with his daily cocktail, screaming at the TV: "They fired me for this high school webisode material?!"             And really with the Morgan term paper stuff.  Those scenes were downright embarrassing for Brian Craig.  No wonder he quit.  

• Members

Richard Burgi did indeed do an excellent job in his scenes.  The actress playing Susan made easy money for her scenes with Richard.  I have said it before--I don't care for making Paul, Richard Burgi's character, the killer.  I consider Jelly to be more traditional soap writers, so, I do not expect a Henry Slesar caliber mystery story out of them.  However, Ms. Passanante herself admitted during an interview that the writers had to pick the killer after they created the story--that is not the definition of "smart t.v.".     

• Members

That's lazy and uninspired. How could these writers sit around a room and not come up with a beginning, middle and end.  If they wanted to do an umbrella hospital story, assemble the right characters, I mean where's Lucas?  Doug Marland penned a brilliant story with the lassa fever thing.  It was well planned and involved everyone.  They could have rebuilt the hospital theme part of the show by kicking off this murder mystery and cleaning house.  They could have brought on Phil Brewer's long lost grandson to harken back to the great Phil murder (he was struck with a geod book end!).  They could have tied any number of historical elements from the show as a nod to vet viewers and still had a semblance of an interesting plot.  This is the product of a writing committee where one person isn't in the creative lead.  

• Members

Why not give Jean and Shelly credit for crafting an exciting umbrella storyline that had a hospital element to and vets connected. Richard Burgi has been outstanding in this. I thought yesterdays episode was great it provided much needed excitement. Jean is not a lazy writer she knows soap elements more then other soap head writers. Lets trust them.

• Members

I have said for a long time that the show needs a good story consultant who can keep the canvas in order, and that was even before Jean and Shelly.  Btw, there is some excellent black and white YouTube footage of Valerie Starrett from GH in 1975 having a flashback of taking the geod (an important piece of police evidence) home with her!

Archived