DAYS: September 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I cannot believe the execs at NBC stopped production/writing during negotiations and allowed Dena to turn in this Orpheus [!@#$%^&*].  wow and these folks make high six figures and more.  

The dialog and acting have been equally horrendous.  And of course, throw in several group scenes with Ciara, Theo, Joey and Claire.  There's never been on modern soaps, at lease since the 70s, a collection of actors who are as monumentally unqualified as this bunch to have contract roles on a soap.  And yet they are all still employed.  Yes, Claire is the least horrid of the bunch but she still should only be on once a week and only with vets until she grows as an actress.  James Lastovich is even worse than Vivian Giovanni.  I almost felt bad for the guy when he couldn't even pull off using a highlighter on his big fat textbook.  My word.  Betty Corday is turning.

• Members

to the file....."Things I'm Not Supposed To Remember"......Roman is the one who shot and Killed Orpheus' wife. If John never was Roman....shouldn't Orpheus have his beef with ROMAN? or is JT such a bad actor now Dena just jumped past all that to give out this crap? 

• Administrator

Nice clip. Thanks for sharing that.  I hope we'll see more flashbacks and show/tell us, who don't know, his history with John/Marlena/Roman/Steve/Kayla. 

DAYS really needed COX badly.  Before, it was lifeless and dried up but now that COX has been inserted into the show, it's been rejuvenated.  With COX, maybe the show will be able to tell hard and gripping stories.  The show is so much better when it shows plenty of COX and that might be able to satisfy the viewers. With COX trying to penetrate through the people of Salem's defenses, they're going to need magnum size protection.  This week, COX were trying to complete their mission by themselves, doing it solo, but they failed.  Now they realize that they'll have a better chance by coming together.  The climax should be explosive. 

• Members

COX :wub:

I had been saying the show lacked oomph for a while now. Quite a while. But I feel like that's returned. We have an umbrella story involving mostly the entire cast. I'm slightly encouraged but it's been two weeks and let's see how they do after the villains wrap up. I've heard they are around for a few months so I'm hopeful through November Sweeps. This is just the beginning.

Of course I still have some complaints but I'm liking the potential of what I see. (Character bubbles have burst is a major complaint that's seemingly being addressed, for now)

The teens though. Lawd get them an acting coach. Maybe including them in this story (Joey/Claire at least) with the adults will help.

• Members

What ws the point of Clyde showing up at Kate's? I dont get why he would want revenge. Bc she dumped him? His motives are so weak bc she didnt do anything to him and he was wasting his time. Even trying to steal Thomas when he knows Ben is locked him and that's not his son makes no sense. The show really hasnt done a good job of giving Clyde justification to be involved in this and he feels very forced.

And how incompetent are the Salem PD? Kate tells them she saw Clyde and they dont take her seriously which is odd bc if there was anyone he would contact, it would be her since she had the most history with him in town. Of course he does and she's nearly killed in the process.

Again, I want to reiterated how dumb it is for someone to be in jail under a fake name. That makes NO sense. John said that Orpheus was in a federal prison. If that is the case, why was he in the same prison as Clyde and Xander? Xander's crime was more minor (attempted rape) and was locked up just outside Salem. Clyde was shipped back to FL! This storyline makes ZERO sense. There is absolutely no way that any of these men would ever meet in jail bc they should have all been in 3 different locations. Yeah these 3 have added some drama and tension but this is horribly written and the show is going to once again fall flat when they are gone

Speaking of Orpheus, they should have just rewritten it that he was only presumed dead but they all learned that wasnt true and he was locked up under his real name bc this back from the dead reveal was weak anyway.

Why were there no Bradys at Teresa's wedding? Hope and Roman were on police duty, but Claire, Ciara and Joey? All were just whining about college. Caroline? As if she would miss her grandchild's wedding. Besides she has a connection to the Kiriakis family so her being at the mansion would have fit

Wasted oppurtunity in not bringing Eric back. I'd presume he were in the same prison as Xander so it would have been interesting seeing them interact before the breakout. Maybe have Eric find out, confront Xander and get into a fight which leaves him critically injured. He's sent to the hospital but is in a coma so he couldnt wake up to warn anyone

• Members

Clyde is a psycho who abused his wife (Jordan and Ben's mom) for years. He probably doesn't like getting dumped by a woman. But yeah, his motives for Kate and Thomas are pretty weak. But he has strong motives to go after JJ and Aiden, the people responsible for him going to prison.

Archived