Y&R September Discussion

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Yes they aired already. They had one scene together but Phyllis did most of the talking (for some reason). Daniel took the blame for Cassie's death but explained it all, and they seemed to have hit it off by the end of the scene. The actor who plays Daniel is not long term so this may be one of the few scenes he does. Check on YT and CBS.com. the episode may still be on there. 

• Members

Thanks, I got to see those episodes with Mariah and Daniel plus one or two preceeding them. 

The look of the show has improved since I last watched. The episodes are still too Newman-centric for my taste and the more I watched, the more each episode seemed to drag, IMO.

The face to face between Mariah and Daniel was not all it could've been but after all this time, it would've been unrealistic to pretend that he wouldn't have known about her (Y&R would've had to play this reveal earlier when Mariah was still relatively new to GC).  Still, I guessed that CG and MG would have great onscreen chemistry and they certainly did. Too bad, MG's time was so short, Mariah and Daniel would be a far superior pairing than Kevin and Mariah could ever hope to be. I still think they should try to bring Fen for a story arc. The younger set are "dying on the vine" and need some storyline interest. Fen having a fling with Mariah might bring some much needed conflict as Mariah and Summer are a bit too cozy, plus since Luca's gone, Summer may be at loose ends now. A fling between Fen and Mariah wouldn't preclude the possibility of a Daniel/Mariah pairing down the road, should MG actually want to return.

It's about time Y&R made Nikki and Victor "partners in crime". It was ridiculous to think that Nikki would be staying with Victor all this time and not be in on things, knowing full well who Victor is by now. Nikki's no ingenue at this point in her life, so it's good that the writers create story that insists that she finally stop trying to play one.

Couldn't help but see this Travis character as a type of Billy recast.  He looks to be in David Tom's age group.  Is it the makeup or is it the lighting people that hate Victoria because Amelia Heinle looks dreadful!

For the most part, I missed Billy and Phyllis and I heard it was sizzle but it appears that I'm only now seeing fizzle.  Oh well.

The look of the show has definitely improved though.

• Members

It's so strange how Sharon & Mariah were really kept apart for so long. The past few months have been fantastic watching them work together. 

I like the way the writers have brought up two very important things with Jill/Billy: 1) Billy's deep resentment of Jill sending him to boarding school; and 2) Billy is really the male Jill when it comes to sex, relationships and risky behavior. 

Kudos to the writers for bringing up Phyllis still sees Marco when she sees Jack

MO deserves a better storyline - she has worked very hard since the Cabin murder to improve her skills. I'd like to see her paired with someone better than SC, who just doesn't seem to be into it. He really does work better with ED. 

• Members

No, I don't regularly bash Amelia Heinle. I don't even regularly come to this thread. I'm stating that AH, like many other actors on this show is often poorly lit and the makeup doesn't do her justice.  

If you took a moment to read previous comments by me, I have complained in the past that good looking people often come off looking less than their best on Y&R.  I mentioned this about Lamon Archey as well!  Archey has model good looks  yet always looked worn out and sallow on Y&R. When you saw Archey everywhere else EXCEPT Y&R, he looked gorgeous.

@ranger1rg I don't know what your problem is but don't come for me unless I send for you, okay?  I get it, people have attacked Heinle's looks in the past and you have a complex about this but recognize when someone is offering constructive criticism about lighting and makeup and when someone is indulging in 'looks-ism' , okay, because there is a difference. Get over yourself and recognize the difference!

• Members

I have more of a problem with AH's acting skills than her looks, however she DOES often look like a hag with very unkept hair. It's extremely distracting. This pairing with Travis is kind of silly to watch, because there's no way in real life a Travis would be attracted to Victoria. Vikki being his sugar mama is more believable!

• Members

well, I'll say this...IMPO she looks like she just rolled out of bed, put her shoes and clothes on from the night before and came to work. her acting has always left me dissapointed. just no range IMO. None. And I believe she is trying her best but she seems to have the same expression on her face no matter what the scene calls for.

• Members

AH owns the rolled out bed look, she mentioned a couple of years that her mother even complains about it. Clearly, people at Y&R cast and crew love her or she'd been long gone. 

Now my rant is that we're back to weepy StePhyllis. Ugh! On the plus side, JW still makes an episode worthy - loved the interaction with 'Dr Rayburn, um, Stitch.'Acid reflux - that's pretty darn funny by writers. 

• Members

So today's show was pretty damn good.  It looks better everyday, and I enjoyed where the stories are going.  Is it old school Y&R?  Nope.  But it feels like a soap opera for the first time in a long time, IMO.  The Billy/Phyllis/Jack/Ashley stuff was very well written and acted, and the ending made me want to tune in tomorrow to see how everything plays out.  I've been on the fence about JT's Billy but he sold it today.  We even got to see the Jabot and Abbott house sets today.

Dylan/Paul/Nikki/Victor stuff was good too.  I like the direction they are taking with these characters - it makes sense.  I had a eye-roll moment with Victor at the GCAC with an unknown guy talking about how to get Dylan off his back.  I was pleasantly surprised that it wasn't anything underhanded and reprehensible like the Victor of the last year and a half.

This show hasn't held my interest for the entire hour for over a year.  Today, it did.  And that's saying something.

Archived