Y&R September Discussion

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

it's not devon's vision. That was all hilary talking about what GC buzz could be. It's her vision. Devon is just the person whose making it happen for her.

I think the show is trying to take her away from being a purposeless one note third rate villain. The writing for her has been much better. She seeming more and more like the hilary before her coma. 

• Members

I did like when she called Lily's hypocritical ass out yesterday when Lily went on a rant about what a cheater she was. 

As I said before, Hillary is one of the few younger/newer generation characters with a lot of potential. I hope SSM and Alden see that and don't get rid of her because they didn't create her. 

• Members

I definitely think that the show should bring back Chance and Nina. But I think it's better suited for Mariah than Hilary. Mariah has less baggage and would be far more rootable. Fans wouldn't be sitting around waiting for them to break up cause Pratt hasn't beat viewers over the head with mariah being a gold digger social climber with no redeeming qualities. Just imagine Mariah vs Nina vs Jill. That'd pull in Sharon too. Give her something to do thats not bring the Newman scapegoat. 

• Members

I love this idea! CG going at it with JW and TC - would definitely be entertaining. And SC could use some new acting partners instead of all Newman-centric stories.

I still think they are paving something with MM/JW - the conflict was very strong between them and Hilary still being PO when she was speaking with Devon leads me to believe they are planning something. 

• Members

I think those scenes were designed to show that while Hilary still has fire, she's also trying to be a better person. She will hit back when provoked but she's not starting it.  Devon and lily had an entire episode dedicated to believing and accepting that people can change.  Then they showed it onscreen with hilary. She's not being written as the antagonist any longer. Subtle shifts in dialogue and scene set up points to it. I'm sure down the road something might occur where hilary will get to antagonize. But I think she will be more than justified. They are humanizing her. She had strong in depth writing today. It was really good. 

I'm  also sure she will continue to clash with jill and lily just cause the show loves a good cat fight. 

• Members

One thing they really should undo is that "storyline" of Nina finding her son, and then go ahead and do the story they were planning to do in 2001/2002, with whatever necessary changes.

At times like these, you need to rely on someone like Tricia Cast to bring it, if she's available.

• Members

I would love that.  Unfortunately Travis has nobody to hang out with in his own age group.  And don't say weird Kevin either, they have nothing in common.  Maybe Nick but it would be nice if there were some more thirty something guys on the show now that they've written off Luca.

It was nice that Summer managed to keep her yap shut while Jack was kicking Phyllis out of the Abbot mansion today.  Good scene.

• Members

wait a minute. She found her son later on. It was Ronan. Are you guys forgetting this?

the actor that plays Travis doesn't have the charisma or slime to be the new Brad. He guy that played luca was perfect for that role. But he was waisted on Summer. He should have been with ashley and jill. 

Archived