Y&R September Discussion

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Haha I will occasionally read some day ahead Canadian recaps to see if a show is worth watching or just to delete it off my DVR...

The show needs to fire Pratt on claims of incompetence and sabotage rather than to attempt to patiently wait for his alleged high priced contract to expire later this fall. The entire "Did Adam die again" angle in addition to missing diary pages clearly matches Skye's volcano death in terms of Y&R's worst story in history, especially when you consider the alternatives:

1. Victor bribes the judge and the prison guard's family to let Adam off. However Adam is feeling guilty and feeling like a worthless father to Connor so that he runs off to a Buddhist monastery to find himself leaving an understanding but confused and heartbroken Chelsea behind.   

2. Jill recognizes Adam's talents and sees he can be a valuable asset to Chancellor. With the help of Colin they make a coup d'etat in not only freeing Adam but also hiring him away Newman and send him off on an exciting international business venture in Africa or something with Chelsea being back at home supportive but doubful at the same time. 

3. Adam is freed after the missing diary pages found but is horrified once he realizes that Chloe had helped Victor into doing him into jail. Extremely haunted by Deila's death and for fear of ruining everything else for himself and others he suffers a breakdown and he leaves Chelsea either a "Dear Joan" letter or a message of mixed signals. 

4. Chloe confesses to Chelsea she helped Victor jail but she finally forgives Adam. So in turn Chloe and Chelsea are the ones to spring Adam in jail as it is one last great con for Chelsea. However Chloe and Chelsea have covered their tracks extremely well. Chelsea uses occasional business trips under the guise of Chelsea 2.0 to visit Adam across the globe. Whenever Adam is finally caught up with he is cleared by Chloe's testimony as well as the prison guard's who clearly remembers Adam thinking he was Victor and is let off scott free.  

• Members

exactly. It's not perfect, but they can't let someone like MCE sit on sidelines. I mean they did first tease Nick/Chelsea way back in Feb. I don't mind this pairing, especially if the Chrully reveal happens. Hmm. Nick finds out he's a 'father,' but Chelsea knows the truth. I will credit the writers for having the strength to keep Nick from falling back to Sharon/Phyllis or starting something new after the Burning Bush flamed out. 

• Members

I know. It's awesome. Didn't know what to expect when EH came back, but she's been great. At least, she's the only one that remembers who Adam really is. Ironically, she's the only sane one because, as has been noted by others, it's bizarre to have Nick and Ashley so grief stricken considering what he did to them with Faith, etc. 

• Members

I know. It's awesome. Didn't know what to expect when EH came back, but she's been great. At least, she's the only one that remembers who Adam really is. Ironically, she's the only sane one because, as has been noted by others, it's bizarre to have Nick and Ashley so grief stricken considering what he did to them with Faith, etc. 

• Members

Ashley wasn't grief stricken. Just not true.

Adam did a lot of wrong, but Hartley imbued Adam with a lot of humanity and likability, so I have no problem with others grieving him. And Chloe? Sorry, but she's far from sane. You cannot criticize Adam and then glorify and celebrate the evil done by Chloe.

• Members

I overstated Ashley being grief stricken - but she should be more like Phyllis.... Victoria is another weird one, but, at least, yesterday, with Victoria and Nick, the characters admitted they didn't get along with Adam much at all. ITA about the way that Hartley really turned Adam into a far more layered character - he was able to convey his love for Chelsea/Connor far better than his predecessor. I missed the scenes after Adam died last time - were Victor, Nick and Victoria broken up at all? I'm curious how things are portrayed differently.

I still stand by my comments about EH's performances. I couldn't figure out how they would even start to incorporate Chloe into the show that made sense and while it's been way OTT at times, I'll still rather see Chloe interact with Victor and concurrently be this supportive and loving friend to Chelsea. It's bizarre, but it works.

Archived