The Plan to Save DAYS: 2016 Edition

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

True. 

I just don't see the point of Corday doing another 'save DAYS' interview. It's all bullsh-t. The show will be good for about 2-3 months and then revert back to the usual, boring drivel. 

I truly wish NBC would put DAYS out of its misery. Then Corday's goofy ass will no longer demolish his parents' legacy. 

• Members

If Corday wanted to restore the family legacy he would convince Sony to allow us to see classic Days somehow depending on how well stored they were. I know they kept the episodes from the beginning, but there is no guarantee that some of the tapes weren't damaged in the decades they've been in storage gathering the proverbial dust.

• Members

Yeah, but seems incapable of figuring out whose fault that is. Throwing JG under the bus again to prop up his boo Dena.

I honestly think this article was simply a slightly-reworded composite of the last four "PTSD" (hah!) articles, with a quotation someone misattributed to Ken taken from Jamey Giddens during a DC podcast about Josh Griffith watching too much True Detective. That was literally the only piece of that article that didn't sound canned.

• Members

I wish I had an archive of all the Plans to Save DAYS! I bet all of say basically the same thing: return to romance, fan favorites, family, intrigue, stories that will engage excite and please our fans! 

I only wish P&G spent 1/4 the time trying revamp save shows like AW, ATWT and GL that Sony has invested in DAYS. Don't get me wrong, I want DAYS to suceed - but we've been through this so many times and it's good for a few weeks and back to blech - except for the Kristen era. 

• Members

This is funny. Last year he said this about the January material.

Yeah Ciara's rape happened in like mid February. I think that was around the time Dena went on her LOA, everything after was Josh. I thought Josh and Dena were decent together last fall (but alot of wasted potential), but from December and going forward the show only got worse and worse.

• Members

Someone needs to do a damn scrapbook of all these "PLAN TO SAVE DAYS" stories.

I bet it would be more entertaining than the show itself. In fact, just do a  reality show about behind the scenes of DAYS, that'd be a ratings smash. They could air the show itself on AOL or something.

• Members

Agreed!  And the thing is I like the character of Rafe, but I think they are just trying to hard to make him this leading man that he is not.  It's not the actors fault, but it is the writers past and present, moreso present!  The character has had potential to be great but writers have failed him by not putting him in a strong solid romance of his own.  NOT pairing him with Hope, IMO!  Hope and Rafe DON'T work!  They are better as friends.  There were many opportunities to really push him as a romantic leading man with adventure and danger.  Pairing him with a new character or new leading lady to help add to DAYS history would've been awesome.  I still say they missed the boat with Lani and Rafe pairing.  I think they would have been a great pair given both cops, her being Abe's daughter, going on police cases/assignments, etc.  Instead, they tried to push a Lani/Shawn/Belle/Philiip quadrangle.  Now the idea of that wasn't bad becuase Shawn and Belle were having marital problems.  So them entertaining other people was okay.  However, it should've been Lani and Rafe slowing getting to know each other and experiencing troubling situations leading to growing feelings and a slow building attraction to romance.  Just my opinion.

Archived