DOOL: August 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I watched today hoping (on my knees praying) that Days would have some kind of good twist at the end before its two week break...but umm....bleh....Really Days? The fallout of Abby's "death" is a snooze-fest since we all know that she's not dead and coming back. Though the Chad/Jennifer scenes were nice but no emotional punch with the "death" that isn't. I could even get interested in a possible Chad/Belle match-up except we also know that Martha is leaving so why invest in it? Don't care about Rafe/Hope/Aiden and Aiden becoming the new D.A. 

If DAYS wanted to have a "new season" after the olympics then I would have gone all Moldavian Massacre, Dynasty style as an ending before the two week break. I mean, what would they have to lose? Set up an engagement party at TBD for Lucas and Adrienne. Invite Steve, Kayla, Joey, his obnoxious gf, Jenn, J.J., Hope, Rafe, Sonny, Paul, John, Marlena, Kate, Philip, Chloe, and more. Have Eddie and Dario working. At the end of the episode just as everyone is raising a glass of champagne to toast the couple's engagement a couple of "mercenaries" rush in and open fire causing chaos and everyone to drop to the floor. (It could turn out to be enemies of John/Eddie from back in the day that knew the two of them and their families would be there.) Immediately after closing the episode then run a "New Season" ad for after the olympics. 

At this point, go big or go...off the air....

• Members

Add a much alive Will(played by Chandler Massey) arriving at the party and I am all for it…LOL

I watched too wondering if they would have a big cliffhanger since they'd be pre-empted for a while and nothing…sad….but thats Days for you. 

• Members

That would've been a great, cliche but soapishly wonderful way to end a cliffhanger. Reminiscent of their DAYSaster event in 2012. 

Did they do one in 2008? I remember 2004, and that was the first time they had ever been pre-empted for 2 straight weeks for Olympic coverage. 

• Members

I haven't watched Days regularly for years, but I like checking in. Especially for the Olympic cliffhanger. The DAYSaster was great fun. So I tuned in today to see... Roman announcing a new DA? WTF was that? Is that supposed be some shocking news? I don't even know. How disappointing. That certainly isn't going to get me back to watching Days regularly.

Anyway, your idea reminded me of the Coronation Massacre: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p08Xmgrwl6I

I loved that so much. I remember being so shocked when it happened. I knew it was happening, but I did not expect the entire scene to play out at the end of that episode. It wasn't just one gunshot, it was the whole deal. It was insanity.  And awesome soapy drama to watch. *sigh* I miss those Days.

• Administrator

That's the Olympic cliffhanger????!! WTF!!!  That was basically just a normal ending to an episode.  Josh Griffith is officially the most boring DAYS HW ever.   

Chad/Belle was a missed opportunity - Martha and Billy are great together and I see them as equals (where as Martha is better than Brandon and JPL).

• Members

No, Days wasn't preempted in 2008. During the Olympic weeks they did that story of Stefano placing the hospital under a lockdown with purple gas leaking out. Nicole also had a film noir dream.

I loved the Coronation, that was my favorite disaster on Days. The story leading up to it was really good with Victor, Nicole, Kate, Moroni, Brandon and Sami all going after the tape which had the recording of Kate paying Roberto to confess to Franco's murder.

He's a combination of boring and destructive IMO.

Archived