Y&R: August 2016 Discussion thread

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That's very classy and sweet at the same time! :) 

A more current writer from the shows last few years of regimes would have probably choose that name because they are a fan of "Twilight", but I'm glad there's a more symbolic and thoughtful meaning.

• Members

She might have said Bella at some point but I just remember Chloe whining about her Hazelnut as well. Hendrickson is alright this go around however Chloe is already sabotaged in a corner again at the moment. It's hard to even get involved with a story that is pretty stupid. 

Faith's story about Sheila was funny but it's a reminder of how stupid the Sharon story is. She already had the same hilarious awkward hypocrite moment two months ago before Adam and Chelsea. Abby and Stitch together continue to make no sense. As does Luca and Summer whenever Luca brought up his daughter with Marisa. The Luca/Marisa story was such a wasted opportunity it's sad. 

By the way, it has been confirmed that

Makes me wonder if Pratt is going to try and give us some resolutions finally to end these stupid stories or just leaves us dangling until a recast is in place or he comes back. It's what you get from trying to stretch out utterly ridiculous stories.  

• Members

Go back to the July thread and see my prediction of how this story will end lol. At the very least we'll probably see Billy and Jill learn the truth and swipe Bella away from Chloe who's gets trapped into staying mum for Victor's sake. Couldn't happen to a nicer sociopath. 

• Members

MM and JW were the only saving graces in today's show. CG showing Mariah's vulnerability with Faith was a nice moment in a very bizarre side story. The way the episode and week ended gave me zero reason to care 'what happens next.' Based on SC interviews last month, I thought the Sully thing was ready to happen. I wonder if that's been put on hold now. 

• Members

I see that someone in charge heand the viewers call for stronger women. The board meeting was the result with it being dominated and run by the 4 women with the 4 men just pretty window dressing.

I see what they are trying to do with Hilary by her saying if she were a man that her traits would be applauded BUT it's just so poorly executed by Pratt. He just cant resist making her wrong no matter what. Her position of not paying victims was perfectly reasonable. But EVERYONE, even prominent businessmen like Jack and Neil, were opposed. Jack, who has experienced something similar with the face cream and fought it himself, couldn't muster an opposing view from the mob. 

Here was also an opportunity for Hilary to lose out and be humbled for a small bit of redemption, but Pratt couldn't even provide the character with that. I love that character but even I see that Hilary got an unearned and undeserved second chance. She's a younger, prettier, female version of Victor Newman at this point and going over about like he does with the audience. 

I see they are possibly going back to Victoria/Billy and Phyllis/Jack. I assume it's for the affair reveal to have a larger impact. Can we expect that to happen soon. 

• Members

Yes, but ultimately women will always be victims on soaps. Good grief, Phyllis was a crying on her bed like a teen after Jill's bizarre and illogical threat - break it off or I'll tell Jack - even though Phyllis planned on telling Jack the next day. And seeing Phyllis revert to StePhyllis after a year of getting the character back on track is sad  

Abby is treated like dirt by a cold psychologically abusing husband and she wonders what she's doing wrong! That relationship is very disturbing and I don't why anyone would root for it

Nikki back to Victor - no surprise - but disappointing  

We're overdue for a Prattastrophe to shake things up again  

• Members

Are we still talking about missing diary pages?  None of that story makes any sense to me....Victor sets Adam up and then wants some diary pages to get him free?  What was the point of all of this...put him in jail so you can try and get him out?  They need to move on from this story - it's a mess.

• Members

yes. Victor rredemption story. Victor fighting for Adam was always a hit with fans. 

But beyond that, every story is a mess. The entire show is in shambles. 

Someone somewhere sees Kevin as a stud young women want. He's got THREE love interest. Count them, THREE! TPTB are clueless!

Archived