Y&R: August 2016 Discussion thread

• Replies 136
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Those are the definition of Y&R style, especially Jill walking out to the elevator and turning around to give a look before she exits. Loving it. It's like... the camera is doing things again! There is hope for the show yet.

• Members

If the camera starts looking at fresh flowers again I might think this was an older episode.

That Jill scene is everything that character should be doing.  The attitude is the most like Jill since the early 2000's.

i keep reading a couple of people here claiming the show can't afford to focus on Jill because she's older and that means only older people will watch.  Katherine was popular across age lines.  Mrs. Horton was always beloved in DAYS.  The idea that nobody will watch older characters has been proven wrong over and over again.

• Members

agreed. I'm still trying to figure out the point of it. The only things good about it - SC & CG together, the set feels 'big' and  the lighting for an indoor set has been quite good. Otherwise, unless something happens to Sully and he needs blood, I'm not sure how this fits in. 

• Members

At least EH has hit the ground running. I'd lost a lot of interest in the character during the past few years, but I do like watching her. I know it's too much to ask, but I hope they have some sort of logical way to maintain the relationship with Chelsea.

Speaking of which, if Chelsea 2.0 or whatever, will be an important business again on show, at least they are staffed up - until the Sully thing exposes (bye Sharon and Mariah) and the pages are found (bye Chloe)! It's a bit hilarious that all these women knowingly/unknowingly have major secrets that impact Chelsea. 

Archived