Who would be a good replacement for Bradley Bell as HW for B&B?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

+1

I don't want ANYONE you guys so far suggested to be EVER in the driver seat B&B... While I love Kay Alden, this campy show is not hers. Most of these suggestions are a prime example why the genre is dying. Each soap should have it's own DNA/writing style. Sadly, B&B is the last soap to have that and this will hopefully last for a long time to come.

If Brad were ever to step down I'd give Adam Dusevoir who is writing great camp scripts or Mark Pinciotti a try as they are longtime B&B fans and collaborators which shows in their writing work so far.

• Administrator

I agree if Brad ever stepped down as HW (but remains EP), you have to keep it within the B&B family (someone who worked there for years and worked their way up).  You can't bring a total outsider to B&B.  I wouldn't want what happened to Y&R after Kay Alden/Jack Smith left the show, happen to B&B.  It's a family soap, keep it that way. 

I don't mind this current team of Brad/Minnis/Mulchaey.  B&B is a show that can turn within an instant.  The show is always a rollercoaster.  It's been this way for a long time and I've accepted that. 

• Administrator

2011 was a really bad year for B&B.  They are no where these numbers anymore. 

1.9/6 (June 6-10, 2011)
2.0/7 (May 30 - June 3, 2011)
2.0/7 (May 9-13, 2011)
2.0/7 (May 2-6, 2011)
2.0/7 (April 18-22,2011)
2.0/7 (April 11-15, 2011)
2.0/7 (April 4-8, 2011)
2.0/7 (March 7-11, 2011)
2.0/7 (February 14-18, 2011)

2,642,000 (September 12-16, 2011)
2,692,000 (April 11-15, 2011)
2,791,000 (February 14-18, 2011)

Then Brad struck gold with Hope/Liam/Steffy. 

• Members

Different strokes, I guess. I quit watching in 2011 after a looooooong time and didn't return until 2014... And so far 2016 is far from a bad year, IMO. The late 2000s were worse and on most days I'm really enjoying the show as the writing is crisp and diverse. 

• Members

this is defnitely the most balanced the show has been in ages. They actually use most, if not all the characters. Not always in the same capacity but they rotate around stories and one hasnt completely dominated. My main issue is that Bell doesnt take risks anymore. He plays the stories way too safe. The reveals of stories tend to fall flat and we never get any more scandals even though the characters allude to their messy lives as being scandal potential. The camp has definitely been downplayed and I wish things were a bit more over the top.

• Members

Yeah, the show right now is a lot more interesting that it was there what 2007-2009? Oh boy it was so bad I quit watching between Brooke's back to back date rapes (one setup by Stephanie!), sperm egg switcheroos, Phoebe's death, Betty White's death on the beach, Taylor married a horse etc, the character that was Constantine etc. It was really awful. I've just started back watching regularly after just being an occasional viewer for a few years but the show has gotten a lot better it was at its worst. It took Brad to freshen the show up back in late 2011 but as always B&B is a very bipolar show. When a story is good the show its edge of your seat must see TV when a story is bad it's completely insufferable, unbearable, change the channel time

Archived