Who would be a good replacement for Bradley Bell as HW for B&B?

• Replies 23
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Honestly, Brad would be good IF he had good training and frankly, I think he should hire someone like Alden for about a year or so and invest his free time to attend workshops and do workbooks. 

I don't mean this as a put down either. 

• Members

Sarah Treem, but she would never do daytime.  Daytime needs new blood if it's going to survive.  Or get someone from a British soap that is willing to learn the little bit of history that the show even has now.  You really would only need to know very little with the mistakes they make every single day from some of the comments I've read.... even with the recent history.  I think I saw someone say something about Deacon saying Quinn's stepdaughter not wanting her in the house (meaning Steffy - her daughter in law).  Who knows if it was written that way or if it was a mistake by the actor.  I wouldn't be surprised if it were written that way although it was probably the actor.  Either way - relationships happen overnight on this show and it's just bad.  If we're going with people we know - I would try the Labines.  To my knowledge they've never had anything to do with B&B which would be a strength right now. 

• Members

Kay Alden would be the most experienced, talented and natural choice. As long as she invested more in B&B's campy ways (not to the extreme, but enough to keep it interesting) vs Y&R's more serious tone, it would be good. 

• Members

I loved when Kay Alden took over during the writers strike. The show was really good and stories moved during that time. I love Brad Bell, but he does get stale at times. I wouldn't mind seeing him with a co-headwriter. I think B&B is one soap Ron Carlivati could actually benefit. His campiness could be helpful since that is the one aspect B&B tends to ignore these days. Especially with the Maya story, I feel like more could've been done to make it salacious considering this is a famous tabloid family in the fashion industry.

Archived