ALL: What were the worst handled firings of an actor?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

He was fired after his stint at the Emmy's where ET was filming as he was running up and down the aisles of an airplane.

I don't know if it constitutes as worst, but one of the dumbest was Gloria Monty firing Finola Hughes and recasting her because she got another job, when Finola was willing to stay on the 2 extra months to finish out her story.

• Members

If I remember correctly, Maeve Kinkead (while technically not "fired") was off-screen for quite sometime when Rauch came to GL.  She stated her intention of letting her hair gray naturally and Raunch wanted her to keep dying it.

Either she was placed on recurring or they rested Vanessa for a while.  But when she did return, her hair was not dyed.

• Members

Maeve left GL when Michael Laibson was executive producer in 1996, though she continued to recur on occasion. When Rauch arrived, Maeve returned on a contract basis in 1997 but left again in the summer of 2000. She returned in 2002 for Josh and Reva's latest wedding and was no longer dying her hair.

• Members

No wonder the daytime drama genre has such bad Karma!  Look at all the harsh, petty and inhumane treatment they've meted out to their talent over the years!

I also happen to think the industry as a whole has indulged in a lot of piss poor decision-making that has landed it in the position it occupies today (virtual irrelevance).

Archived