ALL: What were the worst handled firings of an actor?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If I recall, Zaslow, after finally being diagnosed with ALS (he had had issues with speech before) was fired as the EP in charge (a woman, but I don't think it was JFP) said no one wanted to watch a "wisened little old man". Classy.

OLTL hired him as his former OLTL character, David Rinaldi, which I respected the show for.

• Members

Tracy Melchoir exiting the role of Kelly on OLTL (she was fired).

On her 2nd to last day of filming, her replacement, Heather Thom, was given a grand tour of the set and a meet and greet with her new co workers while TM was filming. She was so disgusted, Tracy went to the bathroom, vomits and doesn't show up to film her last eppy the next day. 

• Members

Discussion is not even close. Michael Zaslow. Mickey Dwyer Dobbin - didn't want a wisened old man. She said it in the press, and it was proven. Not to be a bitter bitch, but I hope she died the next day.

• Members

P&G fired Michael Zaslow in spring 1997 when he was on medical leave. At least that's what I remember, I could be wrong though. I wasn't watching Guiding Light at that point, but I recall the illness/firing/passing away from reading about it in print and online back then.

Archived