ALL: What were the worst handled firings of an actor?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Lillian Hayman played Sadie Gray on OLTL from its premiere until 1986. The role was a pivotal one in the early days because this was Carla Gray's mother. After the initial Carla story ended, Sadie settled into a confidante type role and even crossed over to AMC a few times. After Ellen Holly left the show, Sadie was barely seen. Carla came back, Sadie got some air time, but when EH left once again, TPTB decided there was no longer a role for Sadie in the show, so on LH's last day, Paul Rauch supposedly had an assistant of his follow her into the parking garage to tell her not to worry about coming back, that she'd just done her last day on the show.

• Members

What's so crazy is that I watched some clips from a couple years later when Ed returned to town after initially leaving, and he actually did bring up Carla and Sadie living in Arizona to Viki....I was a bit surprised because I always thought that the show didn't even bother to ever acknowledge them after they both were fired.....I want to say it was nice they did there, but it's honestly hard to think of it as "nice" if that makes sense...

• Members

Could we expand this thread to include messy departures?

I recall when Beth Ehlers left GL suddenly to join AMC ,there was some talk along the lines of -she was blocked by security from re-entering the studio to collect belongings and had to sneak in on a Saturday.Does anyone else recall this?

• Members

Bring on the messy stories! I'd like to hear more about Ehlers' GL departure. I always thought it was a shame how her exit went down. She was such a beloved favorite up until her last couple years, and then she jumped ship to AMC, insulted JR Martinez, and then got axed from there... 

Absolutely. One of the tackiest firings ever. 

Archived