Y&R Casting Director Exits

• Members

Fall 2011 I presume, cause I think she was with AMC till it ended....

haha, I didn't realize that they wanted Gering on Y&R.....unless they ever wanted to bring back Diego with a new actor, I would never picture him as Nick.

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Look, Galen Gering is no Larry Olivier, or even Larry Bryggman.  However, if having him (or another actor) on Y&R meant Josh Morrow would have needed to look elsewhere for keg money....

Actually, I don't look at Ed Scott's tenure at DAYS as a failure.  If anything, I think he was the first EP since Al Rabin to bring some life to the show -- from a visual or aesthetic standpoint, if not from a writing one.  With more time, a better HW and a more supportive studio and network, he might have begun a small, new "golden age" for DAYS.  Unfortunately, two factors went into his ultimate dismissal: Dena's writing, and the hell she raised once she realized he (along with a certain, now former heroine on the show who shall remain nameless) were attempting to improve her putrid scripts without her knowledge OR approval.

• Members

It was Sally Sussman Morina's controversial tell all interview about the Latham regime this was revealed. The Galen Gering casting idea almost came true when Morrow walked out(Nick's sabotaged plane crash) and Gering almost wasn't going to DirectTV version of Passions. The new casting director at the time thought it was perfect. Nick was going to have plastic surgery and they were going to bring in Adam then but then Morrow turned around and re-signed. Poof! The sabatoge story and Victor going to investigate Adam's troubles in Europe were inexplicably dropped never mentioned again.

Kelli Goss was horrible. I would rather have suffered with Adrianna.

• Members

Great news.  She's been an utter failure on Y&R as has Marni Saitta on Days.  Now get rid of Owen Renfroe, JFP pet director and give Sally MacDonald those 8 episodes a month.  Dump Luca and Summer. Burn down Chancellor and have Jill restore/rebuild.  End Phil/Billy and dump Steve Burton.  Oh, I'm on  roll.  Get a writer who can pen an umbrella story for Adam.  Put Chelsea in a love triangle with Billy/Adam.  Send the Newman family on a one way cruise for a year and bring back Heather Tom as Vickie and Melody as Nikki.  Nick/victor...bye bye. Done//tired/overused.  No more story.  Blow up the coffee house.  Dump Caine and Lily.  Put Jill back at the mansion.  Recast Mac and Philip's son and have them move in with Jill.  Replace overrated Mandy Beall on scripts.  Bring in Curlee/Demorest as head writers.  Keep Conforit/Dunn/Slater/Gold as breakdown writers.  Bring in Lyndsey Harrison who freelance wrote several spot on scripts and Marin Gazzaniga from reboot OLTL who wrote some stellar scripts there as well.  Let's face it: this show is [!@#$%^&*] right now and needs major revisions.

• Members

It would help if Joshua Morrow knew how to act. He isn't even appealing to look at so thats two strikes against him. He should have been recast long time ago. It would have been great to see a recast Nick and Heather Tom's version of Victoria running Victor's company and fighting against the Abbots and Adam. Of course the writers have never given a damn about that as they continue to write for Victor and Jack with sprinkles of Ashley. 

It should have already been the next generation of Abbots vs Newmans…..instead we have an actor who is in his 40s yet looks like a greasy 20 year old bum surfer who cant carry a story much less a business one.

Archived