GH: July 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Walking into this thread after a long while only to see someone compare Bree Williamson to my Vanessa Marcil and walking back  out...................She is not VM (see picture in my avatar lol) and she is certainly not SMG.......Watching Brenda throw bread rolls at Carly and nearly push her over the edge with the whole Michael thing is way more entertaining than BW has ever been and even I can admit her returns kinda sucked, but just no.....

• Members

I haven't made up my mind one way or another on Bree Williamson's debut.  I am not familiar with her prior work on OLTL either.  I am even surprising myself when I say this, but this week, I have enjoyed GH much more than I have in a long time.  I can't say I'm in the team Jelly camp to the extent that Jonny is, but, I do think that recently, their work has improved.  

• Members

Oh their work might be better or improved I don't see much difference but I FF A Lot so maybe I am missing something.  I was just LMAO at someone being the "new"  Vanessa Marcil or Sarah Michelle Gellar.   You don't become famous being a soap star these days and she isn't that fabulous...I prefer Molly Burnett as Maxie over her...........but I liked her work on days too.....Different tastes I guess.  I mean, if VM didn't bring back any viewers her last return ( and she did bring some for certain period ie SnB's wedding and even for her brief comeback for the NB, but I attribute that to all the old people they brought back not just VM/Brenda)  BW isn't going to do anything to get viewers.  At least Brenda is a veteran, mostly well liked character (or was) .  CJ/Claudette is just wasted space........

• Members

Daytime Confidential is trash run by a petty owner who pushes his own agenda. Zzzz. Don't care.

Frank seems to be one of those producers who has convinced himself he's surrounded himself with talent when that's not the case at all. Stafford, Howarth, Easton, Budig, Williamson .... all of them chew the scenery and add NOTHING to the show, while the rest of the cast runs around flailing their arms and pretending an actual storyline is going on.

Watching Alexis sob and scream and stab Julian was hilarious to watch. And poor Kevin and Laura can only play babysitter to the annoying one. And Kevin doesn't even exist as a character, he's just the therapist. Why no interaction with Lucy over Laura? Etc. .... so many beats missed or not played. But we need to see Nina react to something, or Hayden and Finn or Franco looking like he needs a couple of showers .... sigh.

Archived