Y&R: July 2016 Thread

• Members

I wouldn't really mind the affair, so much if Billy weren't telling Jack he doesn't need to worry about Phyllis.  It just seem so cold hearted. They could have found a way to do this affair without making it quite so ugly. I'm going to laugh if Billy and Victoria get back together just as Phyllis chooses Billy.

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Yeah, I'm not enjoying Billy either.  I thought I would like Billy better with JT in the role, because I do think he's a better actor than Burgess, and a better fit with Gina, but Billy is so unlikable.  With BJ's Billy, Billy was at least funny, so that helped a little.   I wish Billy had more guilt with sleeping with his brother's wife.  Instead, he's just so stone cold about it.  So it was nice to see (or not since it happened off-screened....they should've showed this takeover onscreen) Jill/Cane steal B&S. 

• Members

The actor is monotone - I said it before.  It's like watching paint dry.  Cardboard Box.  Sorry folks.  Sisters that watched for years say they want any other Billy back.  This actor has no intonation in his voice...there's nothing there.  I can't even root for him if Victor calls him "Billy Boy".  In fact, I can't even hear Billy Boy out of Victor and even care about Billy.  He's horrible.  It's not the writing in this case.  Bad casting. 

• Members

This affair had been in the works since last Oct/Nov and most likely had gone full steam ahead with Jenkins still in the role had he not stepped down. Otherwise I'd suspect we would hear snide comments about Phyllis sleeping with Grandpa Billy or something that effect(I can't fault a miscast Jenkins, especially since both Walton Tognoni spoke extremely highly of him).  I never watch GH so I can't comment but so far Thompson has had good chemistry with Tognoni and so far has done his best work with the Fiona dayplayer and then Chrisell Stause's character. However at the end of the day we're expected to see Thompson's Billy go back to the black hole of Heinle's Snoretoria? It's the freaking asinine bad writing not the acting that is dragging this show down every day. 

• Members

Exactly. I didn't want JT on GH, so I took his performance at face value.  The affair built up nicely, but the past month has been painful - since the 'trip' to Montreal. Billy is now written so repetitively and I don't get why they seemingly pulled Phyllis back to Jack, Hilary to Devon, dumping Travis and bringing back Chloe and her Delia II. Bacteria is not a good endgame without Billy Miller. 

• Members

Because ratings are so damn low. And they are trying to salvage characters they allowed Pratt to write into the ground. 

From what I gather, folks don't want to see Hilary slobbering on Jack. Writing has destroyed Hilary and viewers are calling for her death.  They seem to be trying to salvage her now. How else are they supposed to do that if not through the one person that actually gives a damn about her. What else can they do at this point? 

Folks also seem to hate Billy with a blazing passion and the show wants him as their main lead. He can't do that in a pairing that inspire viewers disgust and cause them to turn off the TV. His character needs loads of rehab. I assume they think getting him out of this story as fast as possible is the ticket. They'll use Cane and Jill to get him sympathy and fans to root for him. They need him in a pairing viewers want to see. Who else but Vikki?

If demos were good, then they would have continued down the current path. But since they aren't, they've got to make changes. 

he definitely doesn't have the body to be standing around naked all the time. 

• Members

I thought JT would make me like Billy again but it didnt  . JT is just not Billy. I hate they way DT was treated by TPTB at Y&R. It reminds me of Scott Bryce and his last return to ATWT where CG fired him for not playing Craig the right way…..

• Members

WORRRRRRRRD.  Scott Bryce was Craig for people who watched when he played him and knew him.  Scott Bryce was the shi* when it was the Steve/Betsy/Craig triangle.  Maybe Jason T. is a great actor, but the casting is just not Billy.  The whole show right now is just slogging along.  I watched a few minutes today and it turned into the Victor love-fest.  When they have characters talking about "all he really did, looking back was protecting his family."  Snore-toria.  Protect his family from the Thug he brought into town????  Protect his familehhhhh from the PARAGON VIRUS!!!!?   Which happened after said-thug he lugged into town?  Just trash.  But, then again, I don't let go easily....Terry Lester is still Jack to me.  I've never thought Peter Bergman was all that.  

• Members

IA.  I liked DT as well.  To me he's the only Billy that's ever had any chemistry with Victoria but that's water under the bridge at this point.

lol.  So true.  And I feel like GT doesn't like him touching her.  She looks unhappy in their love scenes.

Speaking of GT she's knocking it out of the park these last couple episodes.   Of COURSE she isn't going to forgive Victor and I hope she rips him a new one on Monday.  I can't understand why Jack is taking Victor's side and trying to hold her back from testifying at Victor's  (ridiculous and totally preposterous) appeal hearing.   I like how GT is showing rage at Victor and what he did to her, allowing her to be basically raped by a stranger, repeatedly to serve his purposes.  Even though the Marco plot line was stupid as 99% of doppelganger plot lines are, it's still outrageous and pisses me off.  Victor should pay.  Really pay.  If only to send a message to Eric Braeden that this sort of behavior is extremely damaging to his beloved character of Victor so the next time he gets wind of a storyline where women are violated because of Victor he can do us all a favor and kill it.  

That hearing, yikes.  The ADA, representing the people sits mutely at his desk and doesn't say boo.  IRL, or even a decent show, he would be on his feet objecting to the whole proceeding, saying it was nonsense and Victor should be back in jail to serve out his term.  Is this judge really going to overturn a jury verdict because whispery Nikki says she was drunk when she testified and Victor's kids say the  fraud and kidnapping charges should be dealt with at home with the family?  Come.on. 

Archived