Y&R: July 2016 Thread

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Why does Nikki talk like that, all whispery?  It's horrible. and has she had a lobotomy?  She's totally forgotten all the [!@#$%^&*] Victor has pulled on her and others and then lied his ass off about it.  Now she's behind him %100 and believes everything he says.  Adam pled no contest  and got 30 years.  Some plea deal. I guess JH can go do his other show now.  Good for him, this show sucks.

• Members

The 30-year PLEA deal. C'mon. I just don't get that. I'm assuming that we'll get Sully reveal before JH leaves. Someone said he's on a third show, but I don't know what that is. 

Anyway, Y&R has been crazy inconsistent during this transition period. Honestly, I don't care about more flowers or funky camera angles, but good stories. I don't get how they've bungled Philly. After nearly a year of Grandpa Billy and Stephyllis, they finally got those two characters right. And now, it's just angst, instead of steam heat. 

Whoever made the decision to return Nikki to absolute idiot, should be ashamed. We all get and accept that Nikki will love Victor, but showing that decades of that love had a steep price, was an interesting evolution. Now I just FF and/or mute Nikki. I love the Victor has 'suffered enough' and how could he 'possibly do these things when he's been in prison for months.' Pathetic.

• Members

Why doesn't Chelsea just go see Adam and make a plan?  Victor was never in his cell....he was in the visitation room to see whoever came to see him whenever they wanted.  And there is no such thing as a visitation room, but in Genoa City there is.  But just go see him and plot. ???

• Members

November sweeps: Victor is suffering from kidney failure and is released from prison since he is dying. Adam is finally released from prison when he is exonerated for Constance's murder by Victor making a deathbed confession. Chloe is enraged and attempts kill Adam with a gun while he visits Victor. Chloe opens fire but Victor uses the last of his strength to cause the bullet to ricochet and end up striking Chloe killing her. Esther is angry her daughter was used by Victor but agrees to donate Chloe's kidney to Victor since she is a match. Adam, Chelsea, and the rest of the Newmans deem Victor a hero and all is forgiven and forgotten. Victor recovers and stays out of jail thanks to his deed of saving Adam.

Oh did I call/spoiler the ending of this story already!

• Members

it's like Victor using Patty and Marco meets Skye's death in the volcano story. Yes this story is THAT FOUL. Victor's "Oops my bad but you did need a lesson" to Adam reminds me of Sharon "understanding" of why Victor had to plead the 5th at her trial. Can't make this [!@#$%^&*] up and it makes me want to vomit. 

• Members

Looks like the show is going to go with some completely implausible and ridiculous story where Victor gets out of jail because his family and friends testify about what a great guy he is at his appeal.  Riiiiight.  Whatever.  It's not like any of the show is plausible anymore.  But it sounded today like Phyllis may testify for Victor even after what he did replacing Jack with Marco and letting Marco have his way with her on numerous occasions.  How Phyllis can rationalize what Victor did is going to be amazing if it happens.  

So Victor in league with a vengeful Chloe sets up Adam, now Adam's in jail and Victor told Nikki there was nothing he could do about it.  I guess admitting he set the whole thing in motion and it was all a set up wasn't an option.  And of course Nikki believes him when he says he had nothing to do with it.  Lord, she's dumb.  

Cane and Billy both getting punched in the face was my one moment of happiness with the show today. 

• Members

It really is badly hypocritical. It really drags down the entire initial fun that Billy and Phyllis was now the affair is becoming mind numbing. 

BTW Jess Walton shared this on her FB page, there's a nice cast photo too although I was surprised to see Catherine Bach in the photo: 

http://www.people.com/article/young-restless-celebrates-43-years-11000-episodes?xid=socialflow_twitter_peoplemag

Archived