Y&R: July 2016 Thread

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Does anyone know anything about Y&R's taping schedule?

Are they still taping in the 'traditional' format ie a complete episode a day, or have they moved to a different format eg taping all the weeks scenes on a particular set at once,or a particular actor's scenes on the same day and then piecing it all together?

I know the latter formats can save $$$

• Members

That's a good point since just about all the Jack/Phyllis scenes have been pretty awkward as well. There was a great moving moment back in May right after they first slept together where Billy was professing his desire for her but Phyllis was terrified and confused, unfortunately the show didn't capitalize on that moment that was nearly perfect right down to the haunting indie music used in the background. That was a pivtol moment but like I said I said TPTB didn't use them right together

• Members

I really hope that JW is back for a long stretch. She has been very engaged - you can see how happy she is in her scenes. I really wish they hadn't taken Cane away from her with the ridiculous resurrection. Anyway, this is the Jill I love to watch - strong, loving and smart. I'm really looking forward to seeing how she handles the reveal today and going forward. 

• Members

That's an big understatement Dee! It was good to see Jess Walton back in the opening credits today and she is the one bright spot on the show. She makes every scene just come alive, and her flashback with Katherine's last scene yesterday was superb. 

The rest of the show is ABSURD. Chloe is back and it really feels like she is a dead woman walking already. Future murder mystery with Billy, Chelsea, Kevin, Mariah, Natalie, and Sharon(they'll find a way to make it happen) as suspects perhaps?

It would have made more sense for Adam to skip town again with Chloe back in town due to his guilt and wanting to spare anyone pain than this "Tell Chelsea I am in solitary" lie. Don't even get me started on the other Newmans either, it was painful to watch. I noticed someone tried to write rational dialogue today but it still failed miserably.

• Members

For the first time ever I'm liking Phyllis and hating Victor.  Usually it's the other way around but the fact that Victor used Phyllis the way he did with Marco then totally skates is really pissing me off.  Even when he was in prison he was banging the lady doctor.  I guess that's what the show considers hard time for Victor.  Then when he got out  and had no more use for her he dumped her.  He makes me sick.  He's an evil user who doesn't care who he hurts as long as it serves him, Nikki and their spawn.

• Members

I watched some of Y&R today just to see the Phyllis/Jill scenes.

Gina Tognoni is a very good actress playing a character that is Phyllis in name only. The same goes for Jason Thompson but I don't know about the "very good" actor part. He's ok. That haircut is not.

I hardly bought Phyllis falling in love with Nick in 2003, I sure as shite don't buy her falling in love with Billy and sobbing on her bed like a teenage girl over him especially after the decade of nonsense she's been through in the interim.

• Members

JW/GT work well as expected. ITA with GT as Phyllis in name only. Seriously, MS wouldn't be crying on her bed and Jill wouldn't have walked out of that room on her terms. No way, no how. Phyllis would've fought back and would already be scheming on a way to neutralize Jill. But I'll take it. 

It was good to see Tracey back on the show  I hope her personal stuff has worked out so we can see more Lauren. 

I really hope Hillary hasn't been declawed for good. I still think Hillary and Jack would be a better pair and the Abbotts and Jabot would never be the same - in a good way. 

The show is in transition. I'd like to see Ashley/Ben revisited and Luca/Abby tested. 

• Members

Hilary hasn't been declawed at all. She didn't even apologize for anything she'd done. They even had devon say she hasn't changed and probably never will. He's the one who was wrong, although that wasn't onscreen, and has changed in how he deals with her and their marriage. All their marital problems were somehow his fault for...being good to her? Go figure. So I don't think anyone who likes villain hilary has to worry about her becoming a heroine. It's not in the cards. The only purpose of Hilary's hospital drama is so they could slap her and Devon back together and move away from that story with hilary and jack romantically. 

Ashley's pants were so cute! I need a pair of those. Love everything about her look yesterday. I thought the ending with her and Neville was great. I'm not sure why they got rid of him at all. Not liked they used him leaving to redeem hilary. I guess they wanted to end that lab story. They could have done that and kept him imo. Especially since he seemed so well liked. 

Who in the writer's room thinks that Phyllis is some 20 year old heroine whose never been in love before?Who thought it was in character to have her laying in bed crying about her lot in life? That has never been phyllis. EVER. I can't believe the ridiculousness of this story nor the amount of airtime  dedicated to phyllis and Billy. I'm burned out. 

Archived