Victoria Rowell's Lawsuit Can Continue

• Members

I dont think this is just about acting. If I recall correctly, she claims she was denied opportunities to direct and write on the show, like some of her white costars were able to

I beleive it was that DA that tried Sami for murder. They ended up choosing an Asian actress

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

If they ever want to revive "The Singing Nun," she'll be a lock -- and she won't even need the hat!

You are suing SONY and you are upset because they wouldn't let you audition for one of their shows?  Am I missing something here?

• Members

She's not a troublemaker and she doesn't have a reputation for being difficult to work with. Since leaving Y&R she has worked regularly well beyond her Christmas movie series. If she was a troublemaker she would've have become such a valuable asset for CBS both in daytime and primetime. The reason to DOOL audition is relevant is because Marnie Siatta (Y&R's former casting director Ed Scott brought to DAYS) WANTED Victoria to read for the role. She was on the list and she was removed because Sony said she was too famous for the part, which was obviously BS. If she was willing to take the role why not let her? Had they been smart they would've let her audition, cast someone else and move on.

Another thing listed in her lawsuit (which includes emails from Brad Bell) is how he tried to get her a contract on B&B and they were in discussions, but someone higher up came in and blocked him from casting her. Again, if she was so difficult and a troublemaker, why is Brad Bell trying to hire her? Why did Maria Arena Bell try to bring her back to Y&R? I can't understand why people find her claims so hard to believe when we KNOW not only how racist daytime is, but primetime tv and film. She isn't a rare case. I love that she keeps advocating because she's bringing awareness to important issues and it obviously isn't going to help her, but can help the movement. I strongly believe had it not been for the attention she brought to the issue, Susan Dansby wouldn't be writing for Y&R (she was hired after Rowell's work with National Urban League) and Hilary definitely wouldn't have existed.

They need to go ahead and think of the show and give her a settlement and just bring her back. Daytime needs her. Hell, go back to the original plan and let her slay on B&B.

• Members

Please register in order to view this content

Guess you didn't get the memo, Chris.  All black folks are troublemakers when they speak up.  Still need a count of how many physical altercations VR had on the set and how many people she spit on.  Lemme know!

• Members

Okay, I was avoiding this thread but now that statement about VR and B&B has been brought up, I just have to say, honestly, VR would be great for Felicia's mother!  VR, OB and AMH would be fire!  I got bored off of watching B&B but surely this would make me return to regular viewing. Okay, that is all:lol::unsure:.  

• Members

Why does she want a job with a company that treated her horribly? That's the real issue and her valid points are getting lost . For example she harper on spit take for years and now she's friends with MS again. I wish she would stop fighting to be back at a job that she says treated her terrible and just focus on her new work

• Members

Reading that link, I think the judge got the Days part right.   If there is a role and they cannot seem to fill it, why won't they let her even audition?   Now they can say "she's crazy"  "she's trouble" or "she's sued us before and we want no part of that" and that would be their right, but at least say it.     I would think Sony might want VR on Days for a small role to see how she works on set and with crew these days, and then if things go smoothly bring her back to the show she helped make popular considering the show has ratings woes. 

Archived