• Members

They FINALLY released the trailer for the highly anticipated series from Ava DuVernay & Oprah Winfrey, Queen Sugar... last night during the premiere for Greenleaf. I am so ready for this show, Thanks to Ang (ChitHappens).for telling me about this back when the GL thread was initially started. I'm going to try and read the book before the series starts this fall. This is ALSO not from Tyler Perry and the (I keep using this phrase) visually stunning trailer shows you that.

If the video from FaceBook doesn't work, then click here.

Edited by London

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Members

I think Oprah is kicking Miss Perry to the metaphorical curb with these new series.  She used him to salvage her network and draw an audience, and now that that's been accomplished, it's bye-bye time for ol' Madea.

Edited by Khan

• Members

He better. Because it is TRULY sad when you see the production style of both Greenleaf and Queen Sugar and then you... just have... Tyler Perry comedies and dramas... ... ... ... ... Yeah.

EXACTLY Khan! I was thinking, Oprah ain't playing! She is coming out strong and heavy hittin' a la the great Ali.

• Members

LOL! His show has Heather Locklear too.

So... I guess Ava couldn't direct all of the episodes as it was initially planned but like a BOSS, she's hand-picked some pretty awesome women to direct the other episodes. I guess this is the breakdown of how it will go.

http://i.imgur.com/UELlfKJ

The directors of Queen Sugar

Ep 01 & 02 - Ava DuVernay
Ep 03 - Neema Barnette
Ep 04 - So Yong Kim
Ep 05 - Victoria Mahoney
Ep 06 - Tanya Hamilton
Ep 07 - Neema Barnette 
Ep 08 & 09- Kat Candler 
Ep 10 & 11 - Salli Richardson
Ep 12 & 13 Tina Mabry 
  •  
Edited by London

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Yes, she is.  She was supposed to direct all the episodes but I think it wound up conflicting with another project she attached herself to and that's when she did her boss move and brought in all women to help direct the show. Gotta love it when Hollywood says that "There are no women directors..." out there and Ava proves them wrong.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...