Mass shooting at Orlando nightclub

cassadine1991

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

This doesn't surprise me at all.   Chik-Fil-A seems to be the rare company that takes its Christianity seriously.    Who knows how many millions they lose every year by refusing to open sunday, and then a few years back after some hurricane or storm or whatever, they opened their restaurants and gave free food to everyone.   No one else did that, including the enlightened gay friendly companies.   Their gay marriage stance was very christian I guess, but at least they mean it and aren't just conservative hate mongers.   No matter what, the gay marriage debate is settled so it seems silly to continue holding it against them. 

• Members

They gave money to organizations that are involved in hardcore persecution against gays in countries where the last thing on the minds of many lgbtetc. people there is marriage - it's being beaten, raped, murdered, or imprisoned. 

I'm glad some branches were able to help in Orlando, but the issue with that restaurant was never about gay marriage.

• Members

Well now it turns out he was gay, so perhaps we really can blame islam here.   It was islam and that nutty father of his that probably drummed into his head all his life how horrible gaydom is.   So naturally enough he hated gays and hated himself no doubt.   Add in ISIS and blend it with the NRA and you have a perfect recipe for a killing, but it all started with whatever it was he was taught to think about himself his entire life.    If he wasn't a monster you could almost feel sorry for this animal.

• Members

Anderson Cooper was in tears reading the names of the victim's back. He refused to read the name of the shooter or show his picture. Props to Anderson!

I lost it when Anderson said a mother was there dancing with her son, and had survived cancer only to be gunned down, her son survived. On top of crying already that hit me harder :(

• Members

He was not a monster.  He was an unfortunate human being, who committed a monstrous (sp?) act that resulted in the death and injury of other human beings; and while I detest his actions and their outcome, I wouldn't detest him.  Instead, I pray for him and for his loved ones in the same breath that I pray for his victims and THEIR loved ones.  That, to me, is the true meaning and purpose of Christianity; and if this massacre has taught me anything, it's that I need to pay more attention to that -- to what it REALLY means to be a follower of Christ -- and to stop allowing individuals such as Lt. Gov. Patrick to speak for me.

Glad to hear your cousin is physically okay, Eric.  :)

• Members

I think it is nice you put so much faith in your religion, but so did he.    I don't place much stock in religions and find they are all close cousins.   The only difference between a christian fundamentalist, a jewish fundamentalist and an islamic fundamentalist is the degrees they will go to subjugate women.   You got a nun's habit, a hasidic woman's wig, and a burka...a rose is a rose is a rose.

• Members

That has to be the dumbest thing I've seen from this tragedy.  She sounds like someone who believes something damaging will surface.  She drove him there 3 nights before the massacre and then tried to talk him out of it? Sounds more like an accomplice than a bad Samaritan! 

Archived