Noah Galvin backlash re Colton Haynes & Coming Out

John

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

The whole interview was an exercise in elitism and self-loathing. Everyone will make him a martyr to free speech because he hates Colton Haynes (and I'm not really a fan of Haynes myself after the blackface stuff, but what a faux-edgy, melodramatic queening out his comments about Haynes were), or because he and Vulture were stupid enough to say things about Bryan Singer that were obviously going to get the lawyers in almost immediately, and they will ignore the rest of his comments, which amounted to generic whining about how fake LA is and reminders that he is not like other gay men, because he "bros out" (unlike those gay men who don't remember to act straight enough around straight men) and he's not like those "fa**ots" who aren't openly gay enough for him to play tonsil hockey with in his dressing room.

• Members

Ah, but he called himself a faggot too. And I don't think anything he said indicates he's some proudly masculine gay. He just says behaviors often shift in social settings, which they do.

I didn't see anything self-loathing about it. Just blunt, both about himself and the industry. He's clearly proud of who he is. In any event, my full comments are in my status update. Enjoy The Real O'Neals, everyone!

• Members

To me the entire interview was about the wrong type of gay man and reminders that he isn't one. Add in the commentary about how he is around straight men and it ended up giving me that vibe. But it's not a big deal, and in the end he's going to become a big hero to a lot of people now, so my opinion doesn't really reflect much. I'm glad you enjoy his show, which is all that really counts in the end as we all need something to entertain us.

• Members

Why did he recant his statements about Bryan Singer?! I am so sick of the Hollywood machine protecting this pervert when there have been rumblings of him doing heinous things to young boys. It's like he's untouchable like Woody Allen. 

I actually was applauding Noah for calling him out, but I knew in due time someone would force him to recant the statement. Ugh!

• Members

True but I wish they'd seriously start digging into Singer's tawdry past already. It's been brought up numerous times over the years and haven't gone anywhere. It's clearly obvious that Hollywood has a plethora of sexual offenders that are being protected by the 'machine' and it's time it be addressed. I still hope that regardless of this being recanted, it leads to true victims coming out to speak on the matter. 

First it was Elijah Wood speaking out the pervertedness in Hollywood these past few weeks, then Corey Feldman, now Noah Galvin. Where there's smoke....

• Members

Unfortunately a lot of these comments seem to be done as a joke or are turned into something else (as happened with Elijah Wood's comments), which just ends up muddying the water even further. The stories about Singer have been around for ages, but this is the first time I've ever seen them treated in such a bizarrely lighthearted manner. It really should have been edited out of the article from the start.

Archived