Should JFP return to GH as EP?

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

No thank you. For all of the thing's I don't like about the show at the moment, I do enjoy the occasional (albeit not frequent enough) appearances of Genie Francis, Jackie Zeman, Leslie Charleson and Lynn Herring, along with Finola Hughes having a prominent role. If you bring Jill back, she'll fire Genie on Day 1 (as she likes to do), Jackie and Lynn will never be back, Leslie will go back to 1 day per month at best, and Finola will be severely marginalized.

• Members

Within a month she would kill off Monica and reduce JE to recurring. Laura would get two lines and go off after Luke. Sonny, Carly, Sam and original recipe Borg would get all kinds of airtime, Lucas would be shipped out with Bobbi. It would be horrendous, not to mention how quick Guza would be in as well.....

• Members

Are you kidding? JFP is the reason that I stopped watching Y&R! That woman needs to be permanently banned from any connection with soaps whatsoever. She should not even be allowed to watch them! Why would anyone wish that horrible force of destruction on GH? Her previous time at GH was a colossal failure and GH is better right now than it's been in many years.

• Members

No, for better or worse GH needs to discard the mob trash that entrapped the show for nearly two decades and continue to move forward to what it is now. I actually love what they have done with the characters outside the mob storylines. Sam feels like an actual character, with a real job, real stakes, and has a maturity that was never seen or hinted at before in a substantive way outside of her special needs brother, and her lost daughter. Jason has been completely revitalized, by leaps and bounds. It's like night and day. The show actually has a hospital, real stories are actually happening, there's lots of outlandish stuff and lots of crazy things happening that don't track but it is better than the empty husk the show used to be in that there is at least potential for it to become anything other than a fifth rate Soprano's. There are business stories that actually work, the Cassadines are actually relevant again as are the Quartermaines, ELQ, Crimson, and the Haunted Star are actually things again rather then empty buildings that never really mattered.

Archived