Y&R: JFP Out! Mal Young In!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

Called it!!.....sort of....got the timing wrong.  LOL   I hope he fixes the background music right away by bringing back Jack Allocco and David Kurtz.   Looking forward to see what he does with the production. 

It definitely wasn't a good sign for JFP when the CBS Daytime exec spoke out against the Chancellor Mansion set change.  You never see an exec bash a current EP like that. 

And hopefully this is the end for JFP working in daytime.  I hope she retires. 

• Members

Ok, i thought it was Valentini. But also believed since Young was brought in that he would replace Phelps.  I find it hard to believe that Sony/Kent didn't tell Phelps in January that Young was her replacement.  He's got an extensive soap pedigree so it seemed obvious he was being groomed.  

Sussman may be an option for writer but I tend to think Young may finally promote Slater/Esser with him driving story since YR has a history of giving headwriting/ep duties to the same person.  Mal has experience doing both.  Wouldn't it be great if Esser/Minardi were finally given story authority?

• Members

That was an impressive time. That range is a large portion of my era with EE as per its time on PBS syndication.

I used to want Brits to come in and take on OLTL as well, back when Daran Little(?) was supposedly shadowing AMC. Still would've liked that.

• Members

He was Controller of BBC Drama, overseeing EastEnders along with other shows/dramas. The EP's during that time who oversaw the day to day were Matthew Robinson, John Yorke, and Louise Berridge.

His creative EP credentials are probably most associated with Brookside. 

• Members

The word "vet" was a dead giveaway that it wasn't Frank.  You also have to consider that ABC has no interest in GH thus no need for it to improve.  GH is not long for this world.  When you can cancel as many prime time shows at once like ABC did last month, there's no way trash like GH has any hope!

Archived