Y&R: JFP Out! Mal Young In!

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R's ratings definitely reached levels not seen in several years between the Marco mess and more recently with Victor's downfall.   In spite of the ratings thought remaining steady and be up the criticism has been heavy though especially with this Sharon story which is Y&R's worst story since Skye's volcano death.   

• Members

Usually we'd all jump to 'he's out' but I think there's a chance Big Steve might outlast Jill, for awhile. If not, that money-hungry baked ham will almost certainly gravitate to GH. Frank tried to keep him around in '12, he's obsessed with playing gotcha with CBS, and Steve just loves money.

I'm more concerned with whether Stafford/CBS/Sony will try to oust Gina Tognoni, who I think is amazing on Y&R.

• Members

I think Staff's answer would be: Who cares? I also can see the incoming team and the network/production company deciding to purge elements of JFP's imprimatur and go back to 'known stars'. But I would love for Gina to stay.

• Members

Frankly, I think they will.  Just as I suspect they will try to oust Steve Burton and maybe even Jason Thompson.  I mean, I COULD be wrong (and yes, I probably am) but the network probably sees those (and others) as JFP hires and therefore expendable.

Archived