Y&R Actress Moved to Recurring

• Members

Hunter King has been promoted to series regular for Life In Pieces, season 2. She will move to recurring on Y&R. Congrats to HK. She has shown tremendous growth during the past few months. Believe me, I was surprised by this as I was not a fan, but have really enjoyed her work lately.

http://deadline.com/2016/06/life-in-pieces-hunter-king-series-regular-season-2-1201766978/

• Replies 14
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

sigh.....It's not that I am totally in love with Summer and Hunter, but I just can't help but get pissed off more and more that this show will never have real plans for their younger set in a show called "The YOUNG and the Restless"

• Members

^ I agree to some extent. I think at times they have plans, but so many of their younger actors either fail or leave. I was thinking just yesterday how the older generation has a lot of stable cast members, but the younger generation is one recast after the next and it really hurts momentum.

They may have finally got Billy figured out after endless attempts, but by the time they did he's middle aged.  How many actors have played Kyle, Noah, Billy and Abby, since they became adults? It's hard to invest with the revolving door.

• Members

The only reason he's middle-aged is because they so needlessly aged the character up in the first place. 

As for Hunter King, I wish her luck, but LiP is pretty much dead. At least she'll get away from those Muhney fans.

• Members

My point is the only actors that have managed to stick in the role are the ones who are older (Miller and JT). How many young Billy's failed? I can't even remember because they were so bland and interchangeable with the exception of David Tom. By the time they got him back it was too late, the character (and maybe the fans) had changed too much. Plus, it's not really a stretch to have Billy in his late 30's at this point. That's DT's age anyway, even if he doesn't look or sound it.

• Members

Congrats to Hunter! JH should be leaving soon for his primetime series as well.   No wonder the ratings, especailly among young viewers, continues to decline.   Pretty soon they will have to rename Y&R the middle aged and the elderly.  All that Botox is not helping!

Both JH and HK should get plenty of new job offers with the prime time exposure.  Good for them because I would be totally shocked if there are any soaps left in 10 years.

• Members

Billy Miller wasn't really that old on paper - he just looked bloated and old very early into his run, and then once they fired David Tom they inexplicably cast a man who looked about 55. And they've now committed to keeping him as older. It's too bad they got it so wrong after David Tom left the first time. 

• Members

I can't believe MM's fans are still bothering her. It's nuts that some people couldn't see the obvious in that situation. I was a fan for sure, but I knew almost instantly the rumors were true. As if he wouldn't have been all over social media proclaiming his innocence otherwise.

Archived