Y&R: June 2016 Discussion Thread

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

Y&R has no use in casting a 40+ actress of color for him, pairing him with any of the show's available white actresses, or allowing him to start his own company so they have the character act in increasingly ridiculous OOC ways just to give him something to do.

At this point Y&R just needs to write Neil out & focus on Devon & Hilary.

• Members

Well, I do think that the show's need to keep Neil relevant does interfere with the beats played and organic story telling for Devon and Hilary. Seemingly, from my view point, with Devon taking a backseat so Neil can get the starring role as Hilary's main screen partner in stories.  (Case in point, Devon serving Hilary divorce papers through Neil. WTF? Who wrote that?) 

However, I maintain that if the show can make room and find the airtime/story for every white man that crops up without taking from others, they can make room for Devon without it having any negative impact on Neil. They just need to stop trying to force a square peg into a round hole. Meaning, stop trying to make neil more relevant than he should be in Hilary's story. Move on. It didn't work. 

I don't understand why they won't cast for him. They've done it over and over again with barely breathing room between the women. Why stop now? Surely it's not cause they still want to play something between him and Hilary. That dog never hunted. It never will. 

• Members

They should definitely cast an age appropriate partner for Neil, at least one actress and maybe more than one.  I also think they should write Devon out, the actor is terrible imo.  The show can do better and has done better in the best with talented actors as Malcolm and Tyler. 

Today it actually looked like Victoria had a bit of chemistry with Travis.  I might have imagined it.

• Members

Because it's the cheaper alternative.

Why invest in actresses of color when they can play the same story with Neil, Devon & Hilary?

When Y&R paints Hilary into a corner they'll hire a new actress & start the cycle again.

It worked on Days Of Our Lives.

• Members

I thought the scenes with Mariah were just showing us that Sharon has stopped her meds, even though she told Mariah otherwise.

Phyllis looks like such a cold hearted wench right now.  She and Billy both are being just awful. The biggest problem for me is that the Billy/Phyllis affair isn't even fun, so why drag this out?

• Members

Hmm..when Sharon was off her meds before, I don't recall the funky camera angles for her POV like they used the other day.  Did they?

I started out wanting to like the affair, but yea it's not good.  I'm not buying the emotional side of it either.  So if it ain't hot to look at, and you don't believe in their Great Love, there's no reason to invest in it.

• Members

They surely know that they can't go back to a Neil and Hilary romance. And after he intentionally stalked and kidnapped her, they can't play a romance. So no, they can't continue to play the same story with neil, Devon, and hilary. Viewers has spoken on that twice. The second time even more vehemently against. It hurts neil's character the worst. He can not recover in story with hilary. It's just not going to happen no matter how much she's villainized. 

Hilary is already in a corner. Folks want her violently murdered. I don't know what else they can do to destroy her unless she kills one of the twins. 

• 1 month later...
  • Members

Sorry to bump this thread, but I'm almost done with June--

How in the fruckin' world is Summer....who has been a model and barely went to school, a top floor exec at Newman???   Seriously. how much could Luca have possibly tutored her while stickin it in?  At best, she should be fetching coffee or working as a marketing assistant. 

I love AC, but her character is as dumb as a box of hair

Why Sage flashes...just a crying baby in her imagination would be fine.....

• Members

Good to hear! I don't know if it's the changes in production and upcoming writing changes but the whole show got placed into a holding pattern this past summer and has suffered as a result with some very stupid stories occurring and attempts to create excitement falling very flat. It's been terrible and there's been no resolution to anything.  

Archived