Y&R: June 2016 Discussion Thread

• Members

Dylan could disappear from the show tomorrow and it wouldn't matter one bit.  JFP did everything she could think of to make him work, and he didn't and doesn't.  Think about that - a character tied to TWO legacy, beloved characters, involved with no less than 3 of the leading actresses on this show, numerous stories that fleshed out his backstory and still Dylan McAvoy is a nothing character.

The only thing interesting about him is his marriage to Sharon.  But @piperisthenewsookie is right, the chemistry between SC/SB is just not there.  

• Replies 102
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Administrator

I wish they would give the cute brunette barista at Crimson Lights a few lines. I'm always distracted by her whenever she's in the background (like today, I wasn't not paying attention to what Paul and Dylan were saying). LOL  Too bad she's never totally in focus.  I wish they would shoot those scenes there with both the background and foreground in focus.  :)

• Members

It seems things are looking up on the set of Y&R these days.  I've watched three shows in a row and I'm actually getting sucked back in.  Luca's good and the scenes with Phyllis today by the pool were pretty good acting wise and also because someone has dressed up the pool area set and it looks great and someone also worked the lighting so it looked like lights reflecting off water.  This is a small thing but these kinds of details add up to a better overall look for the show.  I also like the way Luca always has his iPad ready to fire up to make a point.  Hopefully the days of cell phones with dial tones are over!

Victoria looks like death warmed over, literally.  All she needs is a set of fangs to go with her pasty white skin, blood red lips, black eyebrows and 0% body fat.  Not sure what look she's going for but she's got scary nailed down.  Travis OTOH, yum!  Not sure what his deal is but I hope they don't ruin the character right off the rip.  He obviously needs money after that phone call about not being able to pay rent so Victoria could be his sugar mama.  She definitely in cougar territory now.

I'm glad Ian got punched today.  He deserved it.  He baited Victor and he got what was coming to him.  No more chocolate pudding for you Ian! He's a good actor and so is Dr. Gates.  Dr. Gates, so far is like a dream girl for Victor.  She overlooks all his bad points, his age etc. and sticks up for him with everyone.  Victor really needs someone like that and I hope (but doubt) they will bring her over to GC when Victor gets sprung from jail.  She would be a perfect foil for the rest of the Newmans if she would stick by Victor against his children, ex wives and all the other enemies he has made in GC.  

• Members

Hillary would bother with Mariah because even social climbers need real relationships in their lives. Oh, and Mariah's mother is pretty rich. It's pretty silly that the show is acting as if Sharon wouldn't be spoiling this girl rotten to make up for the past.  In terms of writing, it's simple common sense to try to humanize a character who is doing ugly things at any given time. If you don't, it's not long before that character is written into a corner.

Luckily, I think Hilary is going to get a little reset soon.  Her story doesn't even make sense. People married to billionaires don't need to social climb. They are already at the top. The idea that Hillary has to fight to be at the top of the GC social world is laughable.

• Members

How is it possible that Victor is CONSTANTLY in the infirmary? And this time long enough to have sex after a full conversation without anyone walking in. I get its a tv show but between Victor's infirmary trips and millions of visits like almost every day, his whole prison stint sucks.

• Members

Oh God. Today's episode made me wonder if they are going to do a WTD with Phyllis. Yeah, I know she's not supposed to be able to have another kid, but I bet they'll go there. Those flashbacks making it so clear that she had sex with both of them close together just begs for that unimaginative story.

Archived