Who would you Cast as Lucy Thompson on B&B

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

I'd love it if the character was significantly younger than Viv - she could've been a teen mom putting her around 40. That would make her viable for Justin and/or Carter. While a bi-racial Sasha would be an interesting twist, the one bright spot with the whole Maya switch has been the unexpectedly strong AA characters that have been introduced. Yeah, the writing is weak, but the casting department scored with the Avant3 + Sasha. The Zende casting still is a weak spot. 

• Members

KMW isn't sultry enough, IMO, and I think Lucy would need SOME fire in her so that we could understand why Julius strayed.  Moreover, her strengths as an actor do not lay in the sort of soapy material that the character of Lucy, her scandalous backstory and relationships with the Avant clan are bound to engender.  No offense to Ms. White, but it's as if all that emanates from her is "funny" -- which, again, isn't bad, but probably not right for Lucy.  Frankly, it's the same reason why I can't endorse Jackee.

Unfortunately, Ms. Whitfield would never do daytime -- although, if she could summon up the courage needed to do a Tyler Perry movie, she could find it within herself to do a soap opera as well.

• Members

Actually, I'd love to see Sheryl Lee Ralph as Lucy, and maybe get Jennifer Holliday to recur as Viv's sister, so we could have a mini-"Dreamgirls" reunion.

For Julius' mother (or even Vivienne's)?  Definitely.  For Lucy?  I'd rather see Bern Nadette Stanis.  Hell, even Tina Andrews, Debbie Allen, or Ronalda Douglas would be more appropriate!

• Members

I'm offended on behalf of these LEGENDS (Sheryl Lee Ralph, Lynn Whitfield, etc.) that you guys are even SUGGESTING them for this garbage show.

That said it is very hard out there for black actresses so I know they take the work they can get.

• Members

Tracey Ross definitely has the look but man was she a bad actress on Passions. I cringe at seeing her chewing up the scenery acting up against Obba and Anna

Renee Jones would be good but she's retired from acting. I really dont think she'd do a soap again. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

Nia Long. I know people will say she's not "old" enough but there's leeway.  She'll be 46 this Fall, and Felisha Cooper (Sasha) was born in 1992 in real life so she's 24.  Lucy could easily have been 21 when she got preggers.  Nia could work.

Archived