The Motion Picture & Television Fund Retirement Home

• Replies 15
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

That breaks my heart to see Stuart Damon there, so obviously aged - does anyone know what illness has afflicted him?

The Motion Picture & Television Country House and Hospital is truly the best thing about the Hollywood industry and it is sometimes ignored...but they really do try to take care of their own. I only wish more superstars would do like Kirk Douglas did on his 99th birthday and endow the foundation with serious money (Kirk gave $15 million)...the elderly are so often forgotten when they deserve to be cherished and cared for with dignity and style. 

• Members

I saw that Michael Callan was listed as playing Jack Simmons on OLTL in the late 80's. What was his character all about ? I have seen lots of his work in films and TV over the years. One of his roles that always springs to mind is the 1961 film " Gidget Goes Hawaiian" with Deborah Walley. I also saw reruns of his 60's TV series "Occasional Wife" with Patricia Harty whom he later married and divorced in real life.

• Members

Stuart Damon looks damn good and more than that he sounds good. That's usually how you can tell when age has afflicted the elderly, their voice, their ability to hold a conversation, and I saw none of that in him. 

• Members

Thinner or not, he looks and sounds a hell of a lot better than he did a few years ago. I know his health was a major reason GH did not resurrect Alan, as they'd wanted to in 2012. (They'd expected cancellation that year, and Robin was to discover him being held prisoner during her captivity, along with Victor Jr. from OLTL of all people.)

Archived